HELP ! curled leaves.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ilikeweedtoo, Sep 26, 2011.

1. my plants have 6 days and grew just great till now. in the last two days they did not show too much of an improvment in growing ( in height). and beside that the leaves really started to curl ( i think both up and down, or only up and the normal parts look like down to me).

I use canna plus soil , watered them pretty good when i planted them ( 8 days ago) . No nutes, no watering after that initial one. the soil seems pretty wet about half a cm down. Another thing i noticed is some little green shit were the soil is wet . is that OK ?

what could be wrong?
    THANKS

Attached Files:

2. What are the temps at? Could be heat stress especially looking at your light setup. Do you have a fan with good air circulation?

3. 28-30 when light on. 18-23 light off. i have a small fan but the doors are almost always opened when light is on.

4. Is the fan blowing air over the plants?

5. no. its above them. taking hot air out of the tent.

6. How wet is your soil? Plants usually do what yours are doing when there's too much heat or too much water.

7. Where are you measuring your temps at? You should be measuring right by the plants. Get a fan blowing a little bit of air inside the tent. I think you're baking the plants. Check the soil temps. Get a fan to blow and circulate air around the plants

8. i measure my temp right near plants so its accurate. the soil is pretty wet ( as i said just about under half a cm down). i will get a fan toblow air inside soon. should i raise the light a bit?? i am afraid of stretching, especially since my tent only has 1,6 m

9. if you just have one fan pulling air out of the room...you should have another fan blowing at the plants to keep air moving...this will also help strengthen the plants steems

10. Nah leave the lights but get a fan as soon as possible to blow over them. It'll get fresh CO2 to them and keep the heat away.

11. oh and also the humidity is at 60-65%. does that has anything to do?
    i dont get how could i bake them since the temp doesnt go beyond 29 degrees.

12. The soil temp doesn't have to be very high to start negatively affecting the roots. The temps of soil in the ground stays very cool but having the soil in the pots can heat up much faster and can stress the plant. Check the soil temps

13. how to check soil temp? if i stick my finger it seems its pretty cold.

14. #14 realcoolguy173, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2011
    if you are just using cfls i dont think heat of the soil should be a problem...maybe ph?...is there nutes in the soil you used?

15. I like using a meat thermometer. Ones you stick into the steak to see if its hot enough. Those work great. Do you have your lights on a 18/6 or 24/0 schedule? Its probably the ambient temps around the plant that's stressing it out. Get a fan and see what they do. Keep the lights low but you NEED to have air circulating inside the tent. For the temps and CO2. Do you have a passive intake?

16. 1st the soil temps are definitely ok. the pots are cold, the soil too. i keep an eye on temps and as i mentioned light on (27 min - 30 max but very rare when i keep the tent closed), light off (18 min- 23 max)

2. 18/6 schedule

3. i will get a fan ( thanks) and will update in 2 days.
    4. How to get fresh CO2? i cant buy that co2 maker ! any other option?

i was afraid of underwatering ( since 8 days past) but the soil is wet so cant be that. and the high humidity also scares me. but i never thought temp are a problem because they are stable.

17. Well the temps can easily affect the plants. I've been using CFLs for vegging and I've had problems with heat stress but I think the small fan inside the tent blowing on the plants will fix it. You can use different things for CO2. I use a yeast CO2 generator but I plan to get a CO2 tank and regulator once I have the money for it. Don't worry about drying out. The roots become stronger when they have to search for water. Don't worry about under watering unless you see leaves dropping. Your girls look more like heat stress tho. Over watering usually makes the leaves droop but yours look like their getting wavy. So makes me think heat stress or Ph is off

18. ph testing will be a problem since i will water them in about 3 days. hope nothing happens till then.
    but then again why ph problem?? the soil has the right ph (since its for cannabis) and i watered only once with 6,4 ph water (tested).

19. What kind of soil?

20. Canna Terra Professional / Plus + Organic Soil