HELP! confusion on which pest is eating my plant

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Aheadatime, Jun 10, 2007.

1. hello everyone,
    my lil baby is in LSTing right now and at a total of about 1 foot high. all over the place, new growth and old, big leaves and small, are small silver spots which are obviously bite marks. in addition, one leave was completely eaten off =[ i thought it was an aphid, which turns leaves silver through the chloriphyll it sucks, or spidermites, which do similar damage, but im completely not sure. please give me an easy solution do these bugs and it would be nice if it was cheap. ive already added a few inches of sand on my soil to prevent them from laying eggs. thanks guys

2. sounds like thrips, can you post pics of the affected leaves, if not no matter the treatmen is the same .....neem oil (garden centers)and a couple drops of dish soap spray undersides of leaves in particular drench the plants repeat every 3 days for 2 weeks.

3. thanks for the time ganj, so im guessing dish soap has no neg side affects then? someone in another forum used the terminology "a nice soapy bath". ill take it that they meant the dish soap.. ill do so tomorow morning and see what happens