Help clones not looking good, curly leaves. Pics

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by smokinbudz420, Mar 7, 2011.

1. So what i think happened is i accidentally watered my clones with water i added epsom salt to for the mother plant, but not sure. Anyone else able to tell me what it looks like? or a way to fix it? about 3/8 of my clones look this way and would like to fix it quick

Attached Files:

• 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      227.9 KB
      Views:
  2. what kind of soil are you using

3. #3 smokinbudz420, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2011
    Sunshine organic something. the lady at the hydro store recommended it when i went in, but i had never heard of it. I water with tap water, and every couple of waterings ill use some regular houseplant food in the water. But i was also wondering if it was the soil just because ive never tried it before.

soil is pretty much all peat moss, and perilite, and some dolo lime....wondering if i should just go back to the miracle grow moisture control soil i usually use :(

4. Flush them clones and
    get rid of the lime. Also get a ph meter.

Get the ph to 6.3 - 6.8

I'll bet the ph is totally out of wack.

What is the regular household fertilizer ???

Freak
    :smoke:

5. called miracle-gro houseplant food lol think i should just get some normal soil ? just figured id try something new but not looking good.

ive got a soil ph meter but havent checked the clones yet, ill check once i water em next

6. Do it lol.

Freak

7. just checked, all were about 7 :( think i should just get some new soil and repot em all?

8. I'd just flush em, sit back and watch.

Sometimes, using MG nutes is like playing
    Russian Roulette, with all chambers loaded lol.

The Sunshine soil is a good product, its just the nutes. They are very strong.

Fox Farms has a good product line.

Freak

9. ive got the foxfarm trio pack but i usually dont use em till they are a little bigger. Also havent used it very long (couple weeks) so still trying to get down how much to use per gal of what. Everyone tells me the recommended amount is usually too much. My Sweet deep grapefruit is looking great right now tho, seems to like the mix i use so far :hello:.

10. I'm not an expert but It looks like a lot of leaves on that clone? It might have been better to start by cutting each leaf by 1/2. The cutting might be trying to support all the green. I also don't know if you cover them with a humidly dome , I'm assuming you do? first week spray the leaves with water only. leaser sprays after that. the roots are going to want to reach down for moist soil. you really don't need any ferd's this earl in the stage except the rooting stuff. I wouldn't replant- sit back and see. Good luck.

11. #11 smokinbudz420, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2011
    they been rooted for about 2 weeks now thats why all the branches, they arent brand new clones, i wouldnt even have em in soil yet if they were. start all mine in rockwool, then move to soil in a styrofoam cup, and then i replant in 2 gal pots

12. Sweet Deep Grapefruit :) mother for next set of clones in a couple weeks, took a couple to see how well they take to cloning, hopefully goes well on those lol

Attached Files:

13. Cool, I didn't realize that. I hope your next cutting takes and prospers.

14. Thanks, still a little new to cloning myself, this is only about the 3rd set ive done.

15. Quick question for anyone tho, is there something i can use to lower the ph or should i just flush n wait?

16. #16 SimpleHoosier, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2011

Here's a link to Fox Farm's actual soil feeding schedule. I've followed this to the letter from start to finish with the exception of the Sledgehammer, Kangaroots, and MicroBrew and have had no problems. Hope this helps;)

http://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/FoxFarm-Soil-Schedule.pdf