Help cleaning my incycler

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by koruptyg, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Hey guys, has been a while since I was here but now I seek wisdom from our community.

I got a swiss tree incycler that i smoke flowers from (works for both flower and dabs). Piece is great and generally very easy to clean but I do have some trouble with certain spots. I smoke daily before I go to bed, switch the water between every session and after I saw that buildup i started doing 99% Iso shakes every 4-7 days.

It seems that no matter what I do they wont clear. What I've done so far, in no particular order:
    • Hot water flushing from the tap, for a long time. I do this every time i switch water, but when i switch water maybe I just keep flushing for 1 min.
    • I tried the regular salt shakes, not going so well. Now I've supersaturated some water and I hope that it will be an improvement (read not dissolve) because here we have no concept of kosher salt, using random coarse ground. I've tried this in both hot and cold water.
    • Alcohol soaks and shakes. I've also soaked the piece with alcohol in a hot water bath. "Hot" in this case is around 50. Soaks have been up to 1h in 50c water.
    • Boiling water. Yeah I know some people say this isn't good but this shit is fucking boro. If I heat it up with tap water, then add boiling water slowly, then when it is warm go with boiling water only and it breaks then fuck this piece. Boro can handle insanely high temperatures as long as there are no fractures or bad welds and as long as the temp diff doesn't go above 165 c (I've stayed on the safe side with about 100 c).
    • Dishwasher tabs. They work super great for everything but these two things.
    Anyone has any ideas what this could be or what I can do? Will something like grunge off (not sure if that is what is good these days, been away for while) work? If I can manage to get rid of these i hope to mitigate it with a Grav Labs Upline Ash Catcher (looks so sweet) and with some vape setup maybe.

Full piece:
    [​IMG]

Dirty top:
    [​IMG]
    What I don't get with this is that it doesn't feel like standard resin. That normally goes away for me with hot water and alcohol. Any ideas what kind of build up this is? The buildup is on the outside of the inner chamber, where the water would come up from the swiss tree percs.

Dirty bot:
    [​IMG]
    And yet again, have no clue what this is, but it did come from me cleaning the piece so I guess that it is salt or those washing machine tabs that I put in. Chalk (shouldn't be, not used it long enough)? What I don't get is why they got "stuck" and why they aint coming of with a salt shake. I can remove them by poking something in, but if I get it in further up the bong, I would like to know how to fix it.

Thanks in advance guys, always get great help here.
    Best regards
    K

2. Don't smoke ganja and dab out of the same rig, ever... it creates the stickies shit imaginable.

With that said use hot water from the sink to run through it for a while. Then while it's still hot use ISO to soak and see if it helps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. rinsing the bong right is even more work than the cleaning itself was. you need to run a lot of water trough it to make sure nothing was left behind from the cleaning solvents

4. How long is the longest ISO-soak you've had to make? At some point you gotta stop and realize that ISO wont help so would very much like to know where that limit is.

Didn't know this. Used to do it before in a slightly bigger piece and never had a problem, but chances are I made sure it was clean every time. Never had a re- or incycler though, probably would be a bitch.

First step is always hot water, both when I switch water and when I do ISO-shake. I did an ISO shake when the bong was ~100c, it is insane how this didn't help.

I actually think that this is the reason for the "sand like" stuff. Probably had some dish washer cleaning tabs in when I put in the alcohol and there was a strange reaction of sand like build up. Just didn't really think it would stick.

Thanks very much for the input guys.
    Best regards
    /K