Help choosing exhaust fan to my tent

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Maya.blue, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Hello folx
    I need help choosing exhaust fan to my tent
    180cm (5.9ft) -high
    120cm (3.95ft) - wide
    60cm (1.96ft) deep
    0.72 sq/m
    7.75 sq/ft

I see excuse fans size 4' 6' 8'
    12w 120w 240w

How i choose the fan for me?
    I need 1 to suck air and 1 pull out air.
    Thnks all

Attached Files:

2. Suck air and pull out air sound like the same things. Do you have a light you need to cool or a filter for the smells? Are you using some kind of ducting or are you just trying to provide fresh air? I guess I'm asking what's the purpose of your fan.

3. Hello friend thnks for your answer
    The meaning of "suck air" and "pull out air"
    Its mean i want 2 exhaust 1 i put on the opposite side to suck new air inside the tent, and 1 i put on the right side to pull out air from the tent.
    Light i i got the Samsung Quantum board LM301B i got 2 clip on fans inside size 7'
    And 1 on the tent floor size 8'
    Filter for the smell don't have.

4. That's not the type of fan typically used for growing. Those are very week. Google inline grow fan. Vortex, can fan, hurricane, are some pretty good brands I've used. What you have there might remove the fart smell from your bathroom but they wont be practical for growing.

5. I understand. If a fan is pushing air out then you don't need one to pull air in, air will come in by itself as air from the fan leaves the tent. Like Killset said, the fan you show is a weak fan but you won't need very much air flow. If you rely on your tent to keep out light then it's easiest to use a duct fan like this one and a short piece of ducting. You could probably figure out some kind of light trap that would work with a box fan like you pictured but it wouldn't have much air flow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The problem with this inline grow fans that they are expensive, like 100-120$ only for one
    You have something to recommend maybe that you knownis good?

7. Why you think that i dont need to pull air in?
    When i close the tent in the darkness time all the tent close like windows and door.
    I got 2 fan's inside but i dont see how new air will come in

8. Once you go putting a light and equipment in a grow space you will need one bud. This isnt one of those things you can half ass unless you want issues. Theres cheaper ones out there then $100. Dont you see all the threads about heat issues? Most of those are from people who half ass it. If you're not going to be serious about it theres no reason to waste your time, plus money on other things needed.

9. So what you recommend?
    Hiw about that fan up here?

10. #11 killset, Jun 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    I've given you brands I recommend. I dont cheap out though, if you go cheap what you choose is on you. I look at it like this, I dont have to buy weed so no matter how much I spend I'm still saving money.

Now your tent is just under 48sqft so you'll want something that turns over the air atleast 3 times a minute. So you'll need atleast 146cfm fan or larger. Now that's 146cfm on an iine fan, 146cfm on a bathroom fan or duct booster wont be as powerful because they're rated differently to be used in conjunction with other fans. Personally I double that figure and use a speed controller to dial the fan down. So I would be looking for something 300cfm or more. This does 2 things. It gives extra power if you ever need it, plus a larger fan ran slower is more quite then a smaller fan ran at full blast. If you get the fan above you will need a speed controller but thatd about the size i would be after personally

11. How about this one?
    Can do the work?

Product Features
    • Material: Plastic
    • Color: Black, Red
    • Air flow: 395 cfm
    • Current: 0.55A
    • Speed: 2550rpm
    • Frequency:60Hz
    • Power: 67W
    • Package Dimensions: 13"L*10"W*10"H
    • Item Weight: 7lbs
    • Package Include: 1 x Inline Ventilation Duct Fan, 1x Mounting Bracket, 1 x Manual Instruction

12. I already commented on that one had you completely read my last post. I dont know the brand but that's the size I would be after personally. You will need a speed controller to dial it down some though. They're $20 or less

13. Thnks you so much for your time and helo
    Hurricane and vortex way to expansive to send my country, around 200$ minimum
    I think i will go with the one from Amazon, 6' with 394 cfm and i will look for speed control.
    Do i i ne something eals with this one?

14. I understand not having the money but just so you know the extra money spent is for years of warranty cheaper fans usually have 1 year and the three listed more expensive fans have 5-10 year warranty. I mean obviously better materials used but I think warranty to me is what makes the extra money worth it

15. Warranty for me is not an issue because i live in Europe its outside of the country.
    So.. i was checking in ebay + Amazon it is hard to find something because all look really big and my tent is not that big.
    I also got 2 light board of LM301B to put woth this huge inline fan.. wow i hope i can make it.
    Anyway i see this one on amazon, what do you think? Its 6' inch good cmf
    Maybe it be good?
    Please help me im trying to find fan for long time.

16. Warranty for me is not an issue because i live in Europe its outside of the country.
    So.. i was checking in ebay + Amazon it is hard to find something because all look really big and my tent is not that big.
    I also got 2 light board of LM301B to put woth this huge inline fan.. wow i hope i can make it.
    Anyway i see this one on amazon, what do you think? Its 6' inch good cmf
    Maybe it be good?
    Please help me im trying to find fan for long time.

17. That is like one of the fanciest fans out there, I was going to get one but already had a hurricane so I bought another one of those. You said you didnt plan on getting a carbon filter if I am not mistaken, if that is the case I hope someone can jump in and let you know if it is a good idea. They have 4 in fans and I think if you are not going to use a scrubber then that should be enough depending on how far you have to get the air out of the room.

18. So after i look on this inline fan again and again its look pretty good i think.
    Carbon filter is now in a question Mark.
    Do i need it? I can live without that?
    To tell you the truth i dont really know...
    Anyway my window is like 1-1.5m from the
    tent so im gonna put like maximum of 2m of aluminium ducting

19. Carbon filter scrubs the smell so if it is not legal where you are it is a mist have. Other than the smell I do not believe a carbon filter is needed. But If you get quality products for your setup it is a large initial investment but alot less than buying weed all the time. For a carbon filter I use phresh brand.