Help Building Comp

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by MinusTheBeae, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Well Battlefield 3 is coming.... I need to amass a computer that will show it in full beauty. I built computers back when the top graphics card was Nvidia 9800GTX and such, what are the top of the line parts needed for this monstrosity?

2. If cost isnt a concern to you, id try this out:

Processor:
    Intel i7 extreme

Motherboard:
    Asus all the way.

Graphics:
    GeForce GTX580

or if youre an ATI guy
    Radeon HD 5870

Sound:
    Sound Blaster X-Fi titanium HD

Just make sure your board has enough PCI Express slots and SATA ports for all the parts and your mobo fits your processor.

Also, its best to get the most powerful power supply you can. Better to have more power than you need than less.

Id suggest shopping on newegg if your local stores dont have the parts you need.

3. Thanks man! I'll start working on it

4. Wait until June 25th for AMD's Bulldozer, you can get the new AMD FX4110 Quad core (clock not released but seeings how the others ones are high, I'd say it would be 3.4ghz), and then buy yourself a 5770 or a 6770, you well get the best bang for your buck!

5. #5 coloradomountainman, Jun 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2011

no no no aaaannnddddd no.

6. If cost isn't a concern, then the 6970 is the best AMD card. It's practically the same amount as the 580gtx. If not, you can pick up the 6870 for about $200. Save $200+ dollars that way and still get a top notch video card.