Help Bugs in my tent

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lachiedog, May 28, 2018.

1. Hey guys so I’m new to this and I’m a week an two days into my first indoor grow an I’m noticing these little flying bugs getting around my tent and plants, are they anything to worry about should I be getting rid of them? IMG_0425.JPG IMG_0427.JPG IMG_0424.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. You have fungus gnats. The adult flyers pose no threat to your plant but the larvae in the soil will chomp on your roots. Hang some yellow stickies for the flyers and 3 drenches with Gnatrol for the larvae. Good luck. :)

3. Gnatrol what is that? Does it go into the soil? Is there anyway of preventing these things from coming back at all? How do they get there in the first place ?

4. Gnatrol is a biological larvicide for killing mosquito and fungus gnat larvae - it's mixed in your watering solution and it's harmless to all plant and animal life. It's used in horse troughs to kill mosquito larvae.

The larvae were probably already in the soil when you bought it - not unusual. They can't survive in dry environments, most people let the medium dry out and don't keep it saturated or put sand on top to prevent them from getting in the soil. Good luck.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. A good fan hitting your soil is a good idea, because there shitty flyers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. mulch with 2 inches of perlite and try to keep fan blowing

• Like Like x 2
  7. You can also use Mosquito Bits or Dunks - the same ingredient as in Gnatrol but not as concentrated.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Disturb bout an inch of the top of soil.let air out and dry.

• Like Like x 1
  9. just wondering...fox farm soil by chance?

10. I have a fan running constantly but I heard that having the fan blowing directly on the young plants isn’t good for them cause there not strong enough to handle it yet ?

11. it’s Yates seedling potting mix, I was lost in what to get and couldn’t really find any other soils where I am

12. it’s Yates seedling potting mix, I was lost in what to get and couldn’t really find any other soils where I am

13. anything which keeps branches moving makes roots stronger. You can use a fan or just stand there and shake them. The benefit of the fan is not only does it make roots stronger but it also deters fungus gnats.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ok thanks for clearing that up for me