HELP: Brown Spots Spreading on Flowering Plant

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by JDubsUp, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Hey all, I'm a first time grower, and am getting brown and yellow spots that are starting to spread. Anything I should do? Or am I getting close enough to harvest that I should just let it ride? Any help would be most appreciated. Some details and pictures:

I'm growing an outdoor Rainbow Crush hybrid in a 3 gallon pot and am in about week 5 of flowering. I water every day about 5-10 cups (depending on how dry it is), use Tiger Bloom nutes every other watering (1 teaspoon), and all was well, plant is super green, big buds forming:

But now some of the bottom leaves are getting brown spots and drying up fast. A few top leaves are starting to get brown spots too. A few bottom leaves are getting really ugly brown burn spots and turning upwards. I don't have a pH meter, but have been only using pHed water the last few days, but the problem seems to not be stopping. Help! I don't want to lose my girl this close to the end!

2. Just saw the rules, so I'm adding these detailes and another sick leaf picture:

What type of medium; SOIL
    What brand and type of soil? FOX FARMS OCEANS
    Indoors or outdoors? OUTDOOR
    What strain? RAINBOW CRUSH
    How old are the plants? PROBABLY 10 WEEKS (I GOT IT AS A 10 INCH SEEDLING, IVE HAD IT FOR 7 WEEKS)
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? WATER DAILY, 5-10 CUPS TAP WATER
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? I FEED IT 1 TSP TIGER BLOOM EVERY OTHER WATERING
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? DON'T HAVE A PH METER.
    What size pots? 3 GALLON
    Any bugs? Look real close. NOPE
    Any other pertinent info? THIS PLANT IS BUDDING HEAVILY, SO I WANT TO KNOW IF ADDING NUTES OR FLUSHING WILL HELP IT AS I PROBABLY ONLY HAVE 3 WEEKS MAX UNTIL HARVEST. OR SHOULD I JUST LET IT GO UNTIL HARVEST?

Thanks!

3. Thanks @JonHasMunchies.

So should I just try clipping the leaves with brown spots? I probably only have 3 weeks until harvest and most of the leaves are fine, but higher up leaves are starting to show some signs of fungus too. I read that it likely won't affect the buds, so do I just let it ride and keep watering/feeding?

4. Thanks @JonHasMunchies.

So should I just try clipping the leaves with brown spots? I probably only have 3 weeks until harvest and most of the leaves are fine, but higher up leaves are starting to show some signs of fungus too. I read that it likely won't affect the buds, so do I just let it ride and keep watering/feeding?

5. The hammered veins on the leaves and the pattern could be associated to a calcium deficiency. Have a cal/Mg supplement you can try ?

6. Higher up is a bad sign, it’s just your fan leaves and not the “sugar leaves” right? Trimming sugar leaves are bad for the flower buds.

Definitely prune everything that has spots on it, you can cut leaves in half if the spots aren’t spread all over the leaf. make sure to properly sanitize between cuts.

You should try feeding milk mixed with distilled water to the foliage 1 part milk 10 parts water should do you well.

7. It's not on the sugar leaves, just the fan leaves. So when you say "feed the foliage" do you mean actually pouring the milk/water combo right on the leaves? Or just into the soil like a normal watering?

Thanks a ton, man. This is super helpful.

8. Just take a clean spray bottle and mix up your concoction of milk and water and lightly mist all over the leaves and buds make sure to hit the undersides of the leaves as well. The milk will also help prevent mold from growing on your plant so it’s a win-win.

9. Just did a major trim and will give my baby some milk.

You're the man.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hey @Pockets121, I don't have a cal/mg supplement. Would it have any effect in the 2-3 weeks left before I harvest? I talked to my local nursery and they said gypsum might help, any thought on that? Also, do you think it could be leaf septoria too? I did see some mold on a stake I used to LST my plant...