HELP! Broken Stem Is Stuck In My bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by beanerbob, Jun 11, 2010.

1. #21 Free The BIRDS, Jun 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2010
    lmfaoooo same thing happened to my bong though it was only 60$$$

what happened was it was on my floor and i kinda kicked it over with my foot. so i guess i deserve it:smoke:

its been broke for months and i never took it out.
    i actually still use the bong HAHAHA with no bowl!!
    fuk it, it still works fine. though i would take it out.

you cant pull it out with your fingers.

o shit whilst typing this i figured how i/maybe u can take out yours.

ok picture something you can stick down the down stem that looks kinda like this

_______l

you stick it all the way down then pull it up.
    once pulled up far enough you can prob get it with your fingers.
    ???
    sounds liek a good idea, just dont know what ill use though.

2. haha no ive had it for a good 3 months now

3. #23 detailed one, Jun 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2010
    lol....try twisting it and wedging it slowley it should come out

mine got water lodge in and i just took my time and twisted it out slowley.

edit:never mind haha.

4. soak it in hot water for a while

5. Try some epoxy on a wooden dowel that just fits inside the stem and let it dry........then spray a little WD-40 around the stem and let it penetrate. Pull out.

Be careful not to let epoxy get on the bong portion.

Worked for me.

6. this might sound crazy, but ever hear of the broken light bulb removed by a potato trick? try that. cut a potato in half jam the joint in one of the halves and twist. If not just slowly pick at it with a some kind of pick. It'll give.

7. roor downstems are too long and are prone to breaking

8. i agree with thedank, try soaking it in alcohol or water for a night or two and see if that loosens it up a bit

9. No no no, everyone else is wrong. Just break the bong and get the broken stem that way, then you got it for sure.:cool:

10. Exactly what I was about to suggest (minus the WD-40 part, never thought of that).

11. man just get something to hook that shit outta there like a coat hanger but smaller

12. Something like that happened with my bong and I was able to use a bent metal coat hanger to hook it around and pull up and out of the joint.

Can't tell if that's possible in this case, guessing not

EDIT: Lol, I just now read the post above me

13. freeze the bitch then try it

14. Only thing that's ever worked for me, is letting the bong dry out completely. If the joint is dry, it should just pop out. Try to plug the downstem with something. Then, blow as hard as you can into the mouth piece of the bong as you try to twist the downstem. That's worked for me before. It popped right up. (I use a little Vaseline to prevent this).

15. haha this guy uses vasoline!!!

i use chapstick. works very well and alot easier then vasoline imp

16. Next time instead of just mindlessly putting weed inside can you actually take it apart a little and break it into steamless nugs

It's better to avoid it next time.

17. Do you have any idea what you are talking about? Go back and actually read the thread bec your comment has nothin to do with the OPs problem

18. haha thank you man i was so confused with this guys post..

thanks to all of you guys with ideas i dedicated this day to try all the ideads and fix caesar haha

19. #39 F0X Face, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2010

I use mineral oil, just a mannerism from the lab. The best advice you've been given so far is the coat hanger (Easiest), and glueing wood to it if the glue will stick to the glass. The freezer stuff isnt advisable. If its really stuck in there and is wet, then when the water freezes it will expand, which could break the stem(good) or break the joint (bad) or nothing (useless)

20. i just want to inform you guys that i just got the glass out of the joint by heating the joint with hot water and using this metal thing [​IMG]:hello: