HELP! Broken Stem Is Stuck In My bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by beanerbob, Jun 11, 2010.

1. does anyone know how i can get the broken stem out of my roor bong?

2. #2 Jdahms, Jun 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2010
    Is it stuck in the joint and you cant pull it out?

That happened to me on one of my beaker bottoms. I could never get it out.

What we did try was running very hot water over the joint and then trying to pull it out. Didn't work for us though

3. yeah thats exact same situation i am in..this sucks :mad:

4. apparently it will never come out.

i would suggest just heating the bong portion of the joint up with a butane torch. maybe try that.

i always put chapstick on my glass fittings to prevent this

5. uhmmyea....:hide:

6. uhmm what?

7. #7 Jdahms, Jun 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2010

One thing I wanted to try was to heat up the joint with a torch and use a metal rod that fit tight into the downstem and had been cooled with dry ice to twist it loose and pull it out.

heating the joint will make it expand and the cooled rod will make the downstem contract and it should make it much easier to twist loose.

8. Lmao chapstick. I fear this happening to me, it would suck losing a diffy and bong :( Did the joint get all wet and res'd up or what? Happened to me once, still got it out though, just try to put even pressure all around the lip of the diffy and pry it out with your fingers, if you lift it out straight it may come out.

Good luck sir!

9. If it's what happened to me he broke the downstem some how and the downstem got wedged into the joint. No amount of pulling or twisting with your fingers will get it out. What it will do is slice your fingers up.

You could also try to maybe break the downstem inside the joint. I tried this and it was working pretty well but I got impatient and careless and ended up breaking the bong.

10. Not sure I understand how that could happen... Since the diffy should easily go through. That really sucks though.

11. yeah it fell over right on the bowl and stem on a table and it just broke off.

12. alright well since my bong when never hit again should i get a new roor or an incredibowl?

13. New roor.

Incredibowl is a glorified steam roller.

I woudlnt give up on getting the downstem out though. I wish I hadn't broke mine being careless Im sure I could have figured a way to get it out.

14. Do you think we could get a snapshot of it? might beable to help out more that way.

15. yeah ill upload one in a little

16. noone else uses chapstick? what do you guys use to keep it from sticking? i heard of using vasoline, but a small stick of chapstick is alot better then a tub of vasoline.

OP did you try heating the joint up with a torch?

17. im going to buy a butane torch lighter later

18. Oh yeah that looks familiar. Exactly what happened to me.

19. lol damn. did you just post this up the other day that u just bought it? and everyone was trying to say it was a fake roor bc of the little dot above the joint?

anyway.

try a dremel with a diamond bit.

just cut it in half at 2 spots. but be careful not to hit the roor