Help asap

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Divine Flame, Nov 7, 2011.

1. I don't know why I have plants doing this, but 3 of them look like the below picture. Not all are as bad, 2 of them barely have it. The leaves feel very dry and briddle. I dont think its ph problem because i've been using the same purified water at 6.7-6.8 ph and 20 ppm. Been very relax on nutes and haven't been using them very strong at all. I also flushed them earlier today. Please if anyone has any idea what they're craving or whats wrong help would be greatly appreciated

Attached Files:

2. Bump bump, pretty desperate to know what this is.

3. looks like a deficiency due to little nutes. it looks hungry for P and K. it can also probablly use some CaMg, too.

4. Thanks so much for the reply. They have been a lil droopy lately. I was more worried about over feeding.

5. [quote name='"Divine Flame"']I don't know why I have plants doing this, but 3 of them look like the below picture. Not all are as bad, 2 of them barely have it. The leaves feel very dry and briddle. I dont think its ph problem because i've been using the same purified water at 6.7-6.8 ph and 20 ppm. Been very relax on nutes and haven't been using them very strong at all. I also flushed them earlier today. Please if anyone has any idea what they're craving or whats wrong help would be greatly appreciated[/quote]

Hey man no offense and i dont mean to be rude but you should still check your pH before assuming that its in check. Even though the water your watering is on point depending on what kind of soil your using it may not be right on.

Also the picture isnt the highest of quality for me to make an accurate assumption on what it maybe. Maybe a pic of the whole tree, stems, and more leaves would help.

6. Lower you ph to 5.5-5.8
    Your getting a def. because plants cant get uptake whats already there.

7. Feed 1/4 of rec.and lower the pH and stabilize the plants

8. Thanks for all replys, ill make sure to lower the ph. And i'll try to get a better picture sometime today

9. They look a lot better after the flush too.

10. If you are growing in soil don't lower your ph. You want it 6.5 - 6.8. The lower ph range is for hydro. Also measure the PH of your runoff... it should also be 6.5-6.8.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Thanks for the reply, and the charts. I'm using foxfarm soil. I dont use run off, I use purified water. Its always at 6.7-6.8 ph.

12. try going a little bit more acidic this time. get your pH at 6.4. it is still in the correct range, but i agree with seandawg. there may be some sort of pH issue. i know you have kept them in the correct range, but sometimes the company you purchase your soil from doesnt do a good job of buffering the pH.

another cause of your problem may lie in your soil. droopy leaves can also be associated with poor drainage. the browning on your leaves can possibly be signs of a pathogen attack on your roots. excess water in your soil can promote fungi growth, which eat the roots and eventually show signs of damage on your leaves.

what type of medium are you using?

13. After the flush they perked up a lot, and I'm using perlite.

14. well than thats good - you know its not your rootzone with issues. that could be a pain in the arse.

15. Whoops... Misunderstanding.... not runoff water... But water your plants with your purified water (I use RO) until water starts running out the bottom of the pot. Test the stuff that is coming out of the pot for PH. I have to feed at around ph 7.2 so that my runoff is 6.5 - 6.8.