help a new grower with a box!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Tenhigh, Jul 15, 2006.

1. was going to build 3 boxes 4x4x8 400watts each with changable MH to HPS bulbs,mylar lined,cloning shelf,decided to do 2boxes.. 4 strands- NLxBB,WW,AK48,B52....want to run them in cycles..how long can i veg in MH, how high do i let them get,is the 400w going to do it? im looking for feedback anyone? any other ideas no cash limit but would like to be resonable with big yield.....

2. 1.how long can i veg in MH
    How ever long you want to just keep in mind they double-triple their size when you switch them to flowering.

2.how high do i let them get
    You say you have 8ft to work wit, switch them to flowering at about 2ft-3ft i would say.

3.is the 400w going to do it?
    i assume when you say do it you mean grow the plants succesfully? well if that is the case then yes a 400w mh/hps light will successfuly light a 4ftx4ft space

Do you have any ventilation?
    For soil i would use fox farms.
    I assume you will be putting 4 plants in each box, what size of pots are you going to use?
    have you made your box(s) yet?
    Do you have a fertilizer your going to be using? During vegetative growth try to get one with 20-20-20 supplement and during flowering use a 10-30-10 mix. I would dilute it at first but then eventually give it full dosage once its stronger. I also would invest in superthrive many commerical growers use this in addition to their regular fertilizers and im sure this will increase your yeild.

If there is anything else i can help you with just ask away.

3. Thanks! I can use any type ventalation,how much does it need to flow? i have miracle grow potting soil,and was going with 3 gal pots...2-3 ft. veg.how much yield would you say on 4 plants post flowering?