Hello

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stonerj, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Hello every one. I was wondering if anyone could help me out. The more opinions the better. I have a good grow room and I was going to grow about 4-6 plants. I need to know what light to use and what lights use the least electricity. Thank you very much for your help.

2. lights with lower wattage ratings pull less amps, less amps makes smaller power bill......... growguide

3. you get the most lumens and par per watt with a hps than any other light. 2nd best is mh then fluros, these are the only kinds of lights to consider growing with. final choice of which suits you best depends on the amount of bud you want and how often rather than plant count as plants come in all shapes and sizes these days.

4. Ey Stonerj. I'm running pretty much the same sized grow operation that you're planning on. My most recent generation was starting out with 6 in veg from seed, and it turned out that we only had two females. I initally started out with a 30w flourescent fixture for the seedlings, and then moved up to a 250w Metal Hallide for the duration of vegging.

When I moved the six plants into flowering, I then bought a 250w High Pressure Sodium which helped signifigantly. Though this route is more expensive, the buds you reap in the end will pay for the initial costs, exponentially even.

I would suggest a 250w MH for vegging and a 250w HPS for flowering.

The lighting you need can also be determined mathematically. A general guideline is, for every plant you have, you need a minimum of 2,000 lumens, 3,000 being optimal. If I'm not mistaken, a 250w MH produces about 15,000 lumens initally, so 5-6 plants would be no sweat for it. A 250w HPS has a bit higher lumen output, so whatever is sufficient for vegging, the equivilant should, in theory, be perfect for flowering.

Hope this helps a bit.

~Lycanthropy

5. i like this answer... its better than mine anyway!