Hello!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by sourcecodeseeds, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Hi GC! we are sourcecodeseeds, a small collective of breeders and testers. happy to be here, will have plenty of reading to catch up on:)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome to Grasscity.
    I am sure your "collective" experience will be welcomed.
    There are some pretty sharp growers and others here that love interaction and the sharing of ideas, etc.

Please do take the time to read the forum guidelines, especially the self-promotion advertising section.
    There is a link in my signature and I will edit this post to add it to the body.

Grasscity.com - Forum Guidelines

:smoke:

• Like Like x 3
  3. Hi! our group has over 20 years combined experience growing breeding and testing. will be happy to share. no intentions of shameless advertising. Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Welcome. I look forward to what you might bring to the table. I fancy myself as a closet breeder and would love to hear about what you're working with.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 sourcecodeseeds, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    awesome we love to talk breeding! working a variety of tested clone onlys and held cuts to cross to males we work and select after stress testing. thats our main thing right now. we are working our currrent male against some delicious cuts. couple tasteful teasers below, thank you

HA og kush
    HA2019_2.JPG

jw glue #4
    _JUL6506.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  6. Those are looking great. What sort of stress testing do you do. I've always wanted a separate grow to throw everything at. Give em spider mites, molds, all sorts of nasties and see what survives.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Where abouts do you guys operate? Colorado, Oregon, Washington? I'm curious about how different areas go about getting new strains.

• Like Like x 1
  8. east coast, recently decrimmed. we have an entirely different environment than most heads i talk to from other states. randomized RH, temp swings, inconsistent weather. affects indoor runs as well as outdoor runs, which dont really do well around here.

all of our parent stock are clean, bug free, disease free and tested thoroughly. we test every batch for germination, viability, mutations, hermaphroditic tendencies, and end result. cuts are all collected, verified, tested and selected from. our current male is under wraps for now, more info once he drops.

some of our cuts -
    cherry pie
    HA-og kush
    mob boss
    shadow master

• Like Like x 1
  9. typically we introduce less control over temp swings, RH swings, and in certain cases pinhole light leaks.if every strain out there was bred under 75 f and 50 RH, and nothing but that environment, the end grower would have serious issues. plants need to experience stress to enable selection, and to insure the right traits are passed on to the right progeny, with no negative impact on the genetic itself.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. mob boss dusted with our mystery male.
    MOBBOSSPLN1.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  11. HA - og kush dusted with same mystery male.
    HAPLN1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. (shadow laos x sengalese) #5 dusted with durban poison x blueberry male.
    2019-02-05_135315.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. same sm#5 x (durban poison x blueberry).
    SHADOWDPBBPLN1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. That has a very interesting structure. Any idea what genetic threw that out?

• Like Like x 1
  15. the female is the quickest flowering pheno we found, at 15 weeks ish. crossed to the durban x blueberry male should provide a quicker flower. crossed to our secret (for now) male should expect similar flower times, and heavy potency. all in the testing and selection of course.

those pics are just the female dusted, she is a true 100% sativa as far as anyone can tell, without phylos or the like.
    SHADOWMASFAN.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. Welcome on board to GC I look forward to exchanging ideas and thoughts with you :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. Welcome :wave:

• Like Like x 1