Hello there!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by NativeGanja, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Hello Grasscity, I'm a new member, but I've been browsing anonymously for at least two years, so I'm familiar with the city and the members. For some background, I'm a classical & jazz pianist/composer, and of course a medical cannabis user. I'll be moving to the Denver area of Colorado in August, to start my music schooling. :wave:

Cheers mates! :smoking:

2. About time you register :) but don't feel bad I browsed for about a year till I finally signed up also

3. Hi there! Your talents are awesome. I was just listening to Camille Saint-Saens.

4. I think you will find that joining in is a lot more fun than just looking in! :D

And as a medical user, you may be interested in getting a copy of my List! My List is a collection of Links to 100s of medical studies and news articles about them. To get your free copy, all you have to do is email me, or send my your email address in a PM.

Granny :wave:

5. Welcome aboard! :D

6. I appreciate the kind and welcoming words everyone! Thank you. This is why Grasscity is my favorite forum on the internet, because the folks in it are genuine and real. :smoking:

7. Thanks mate! I don't consider myself anything great, I'm just another human being who creates and plays music/art. That's it, nothing more :smoking:

Ah yes, another romantic composer! I'm sure you've heard of Frederic Chopin? He's one of my large classical inspirations, next to Claude Debussy, who isn't even romantic, he was into impressionism.

In terms of my jazz inspirations, you should check out the pianist Bill Evans. He's the dude on my avatar; he's seriously incredible.

8. My mother played the piano quite well. Moonlight Sonata was our bedtime music as kids! :D We were exposed to a wide range of music- mostly classical, but also ethnic, jazz, folk and more.

Granny :wave:

9. The Moonlight Sonata is amazing :) You were lucky to receive such an incredible bedtime treatment. I wouldn't imagine your mother playing the 3rd movement of that sonata before bedtime? :laughing: That movement is intense!

Music brightens a household though, it brightens very dark times. Without trying to sound pretentious, it gives us a light at the end of the tunnel. It's healthy to be exposed to an ample amount of different music - it expands the mind :smoking: