Hello .. I'm new here.!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by oritu, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Hey ..hope everyone is doing well !
    Now..I am what might be considered an old fart..but..
    I just wanted to ask... If having a few drinks or, maybe, having something else is POLITICALLY INCORRECT, is it still right to induldge ? I mean, if I'm not hurting anyone else, which I would never do, shouldn't I be allowed to do what I want ?
    I know this question has a bucket full of hand-grenades..& that is the point !!
    I think I know the answer..but, I cant find anyone to answer this question, not that I need some sort of, "go-ahead", I just cant find anyone who says," you know what..man..as long as you dont hurt anyone else..shit..do what ever .. !".
    Again, I need no go ahead..what I need is..well..to know that I'm not alone in thinking that life should be lived in what ever way it comes.
    Anyway, nice to meet you !!
    &..take care !!

2. hi im new here too...
    and about youre question, yes you should have the right to do whatever to your body, as long as the people that shouldnt know know what you are doing, you are fine to do as you please. i mean even if you get caught it doesnt really matter cause the worst will be over soon and when you die nothing you ever did in life really matters at all.

3. Jesus fucking christ..Jesus Cristo you make perfect sense. & the reason I say that is because I was just today saying to someone that I'd doesn't matter what you do, as long as you dont hurt anybody else, because once your dead no one will give a shit, not even you, by which I mean the person not giving a fuck & doing what he/she wants. J.C. how old are you ?
    takecare

4. young in heart haha

5. Welcome to GC! :gc_rocks: I'm "Granny", pleased to meet ya! :D

The problems come when you get to that bit about "harm"! What constitutes "harm"? My bipolar, alcoholic mother seldom did me any physical violence, yet her alcoholism did hurt me. What we to to ourselves does affect those around us.

Moderation is an essential thing when it comes to drugs. It is fine to have a drink or two, but it can slip into 5, 6, 7... awful easy! :(

And as I keep telling the kids here- "BONGS BEFORE BEERS, BLADES!" :bongin:

There is actually some good honest science behind that, hon. But I'll be nice and give you the "readable" version-

Cannabis reverses brain damage from alcohol (news - 2008)
    [FONT=&quot]http://medicalcannabisawareness.myblogsite.com/entry36.html#body[/FONT]

And as an older toker, you may be getting interested in the medical uses of cannabis. I collect the medical studies our government wishes didn't exist! See that first link in my sig- just below my Grandfather's quote? Clicking it will get you access to some rather interesting studies and articles.

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006) (sentence #2! :eek: )
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's[/FONT]

CN BC: Expert Testifies Cannabis Helps Slow Aging (news - 2008)
    CN BC: Expert Testifies Cannabis Helps Slow Aging

Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows (news – 2007)[FONT=&quot] Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows[/FONT]

And that is only the beginning! Cannabis is good for a LOT more than "just" getting high! :smoke:

I hope you will have fun here at GC, and maybe learn a bit, too!

Granny :wave:

6. WTF.!! oh ! tanx granny ! I once had a granny.. dont know what ever happened to her..Granny is that you .. please come back !
    take care ( sweet granny )

7. Young at heart eh ! JC well..that makes two of us !! lol