Hello from Tokin' tourette's girl!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Carnie, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Hello everyone!

I am new to posting but I have been lurking for a long time. I just couldn't wait anymore so I decided to make a profile.

I am a 20-year-old girl and I am attending CMU to pursue a degree in special education, I hope to teach autistic students one day :)

I have moderate-severe tourette's syndrome. Without any medication I scream on the top of my lungs and thrash my body about 100's of times a day. Last year at this time, my tourette's became so severe that I thought I was going to have to drop out of school.

I smoked for the very first time the weekend before classes started. Miraculously, I did not have a single tic for the rest of the week. Marijuana gave me my life back.( I am really open about my condition, so feel free to ask any questions you'd like.)

But fuck TS. I would still smoke anyways :)

2. glad you found a cure. Is there prescription medication(pills) for TS that work?

3. I don't think that there are any medications specifically made to treat TS, but they use other medications as off-label treatments.

For example, I was on topamax and clonidine. Topamax is an anti-convulsant, while clonidine is a medication normally used to lower blood pressure. Anti-anxiety, anti-depression, neuropletics (risperdral, thorazine), alpha (clonidine) and beta blockers are common medications prescribed for TS.

4. Welcome :p and thats a pretty badass story :smoke:

5. Welcome to the city! Can you believe "they" would rather lock you in a cage and let your own body turn on you to the point of injury than see you smoke a plant and be comfortable? Somrthings wrong here no?

6. Thanks man :) It's just the hand I was given and trying to make the best of it.

Yeah it's fucked, luckily I have my MMJ card now. I am so much healthier and happier while using MMJ instead of pills. The pills completely drugged me out and did not work at all. I couldn't tell you all the times that I pulled the muscles in my neck, back, and ribs from having tics.