Hello from a NYC Former D.A.R.E Brainwashee

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Glados, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Hello everybody! :wave:

I'm new to these forums, but I've been lurking for a while now. I'm in New York City aka the marijuana arrest capital of the world. I used to buy into all the D.A.R.E propaganda, think that marijuana was terrible and a gateway drug, etc. (I know, I know; don't look at me like that!) But eventually I came to my senses about it. ;)

So here I am, finally putting paranoia aside and joining these forums. Hope to be active here.

2. Welcome, i only just joined myself. I didn't smoke when i was younger and all my friends were doing it at school, i seem to have left it until my mid twenties when all of my friends have stopped! :D

Nice screen name btw. Epic game!

3. Same here, BlazinBeard. I started mid-college, which I thought would be prime smoking age, except the people who I hang out with don't really do it. Some are even very against it.

And thank you! It's one of my favorite games.

4. welcome to the city!

5. Actually im glad i have left it this long to experience weed, even if my friends aren't all into it anymore, i feel like im experiencing it from a more empowered perspective. Having had more life experiences to compare it to, i think im getting more out of it now than they did at 15!

6. welcome, im in jersey not too far :D

7. Thanks!!

I definitely agree with you there. I'm kind of glad also. It's just lonely sometimes when you don't know anybody else who enjoys it.

Practically neighbors! :D

8. Especially when you want to take a road trip to Amsterdam! Heh heh!

I can get from Cambridge, UK to Amsterdam and over 1/3 of the way back on one tank in this baby!

9. Welcome to GC! :gc_rocks:

You new guys may not know about my List. (It's that first link just below my Grandfather's quote! :D ) My List is a huge collection of MMJ studies and articles, perfect for educating your friends who haven't caught on that cannabis is GOOD! :smoke:

I have a fun little challenge for you! Click the link and just read all the titles I have collected! :rolleyes: I am willing to bet you will be absolutely amazed! :eek: Cannabis is good for a LOT more than "just" getting high!

Have fun at the City!

Granny :wave:

10. Believe it or not, I've actually seen your list before from lurking around here accountless for a while! It's amazing (and a perfect resource for citations for my next semester term paper about the benefits of MMJ). I wish more of my friends were open to reading these kind of things... Sadly a lot of them are just very against cannabis despite any evidence to the contrary.

Actually, one of the reasons I came around to smoking and first tried it was because of my migraines. I've had chronic migraines for eight years (heavily documented on my medical records and such) and have tried a variety of medication, none of which help. :/

Ah! Lucky you can roadtrip...

11. but right now im just high as fuck on some fresh cheese! its my last spliff, gonna have to find me some more next week!

amazingly high right now! :D

12. Let me just take this moment to be totally envious of you.
    :hello:

13. lol, just remember im out now too! :D

14. Hey welcome to GC

Dont worry about your past we need more converted blades like yourself anyway. People like you can help spread the word to the brainwashed individuals that buy into all the propaganda themselves.

Anyways have a great time here on GC :smoke:

15. Hahaa, I try to do that to all of my friends who are very against weed. :p

16. Hey welcome :gc_rocks:

17. thanks god its a stick and not a slush box shoulda waited for the rally sport version wish they would make a ken block version wont ever happen they would have to redesign the entire car lame but kuddos
    stay high duces

18. Thank you!

19. Hey im also new to the city,ive been toking regurly for a couple months now,i would say i smoke for the pain that i get in my feet(im flat footed and it leaves me with alot of knee and back pain)and because of insomnia, but that would be a lie.I love being high, it just happens to also help me with some medical isues which i think is a huge plus. I was also grown up to be against the ganj

20. Nice to meet you! Yeah, it helps me with some medical issues too. And I love being high. It's a win/win! :)