Hello all! Quick Question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Nikost, Aug 10, 2011.

1. #1 Nikost, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2011
    Hello all!

I am new to this site but been an avid smoker for about 10 years. I have a question about this plant. It was totally accidental, Just threw it in one of my pots just to see what would happen. Well, all the other plants grew around it so I didn't even remember it till one day I walked by and saw the first pic,

Well, it's been a few months, and keep in mind, we've had 30+ days of 105 degree temps. I did actually turn it around so it gets a little more shade time and have been trying to keep it watered. Sometimes I will see it and all the leaves have dropped down, no yellowing..just looked like they were "too heavy". This is the first yellow I've seen. Forgive the cell phone pic but this is where we are today in the second and third.

See the tip of that leaf? why is it beginning to yellow. Also, can someone tell me if it is sativa or indica? I am a complete newb but learning as much as I can. also, any tips?

Attached Files:

2. Looks healthy enough to me. I'm sure someone more experienced can tell you what nutrients it may be lacking, but it doesn't seem seriously deficient in any. The "yellowing" you're describing looks like heat burn, since it's only that one tip of that one leaf. It's a very very minor burn though, nothing it can't handle. It took me a few seconds to even notice it, honestly.

As for sativa/indica, your plant is a bit ambiguous because it doesn't really show hard traits of either stereotype. Seems to be leaning a little bit more to the sativa side, since the leaves are more individual "leaflets" and aren't webbed at all. But that's a very general observation, so take it with a grain of salt.

3. Thank you for your response.

I couldn't tell either. I've compared both plants and really couldn't get it down. As for the Yellowing. I've turned the pot around because I believe it was getting way to much sun for how hot it is, maybe that piece is hanging just a little into the light. It gets about 5-6 hours of direct light in the morning, then shaded through out the afternoon.

4. Small bump

5. You need better pics and maybe a little more specifics on what your problem is