Hello All! First Grow Thread

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by L-Do.Tx, May 26, 2011.

1. Ok first things first, Good day to all you GC user's My name is cris and this is my first grow, ever!..i have grown plants before but none in my closet..anyway here's what it looks like any tips/ pointers would be greatly appreciated.. criticism is also welcome, im kinda getting familiar with all this so you opinions would be appreciated!..thanks again and enjoy the pics.

i Cant figure out how to put the pics so heres a link to my album!.My Grow - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery

2. #2 greenbudguy, May 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    How about some details? Lighting? Soil? Nutes? How far are the plants from the light? They look far

3. Yeah not to mention strain as well. What u gonna be growing playa?

4. #4 greenbudguy, May 26, 2011
    Yeah. Forgot strains :p I've only ever grown bagseeds. I just got my first clone a week ago.

5. OH OK waht kind of clone you got?

6. #6 greenbudguy, May 26, 2011
    Kryptonite. I was a little worried and kinda pissed because she looked kinda pathetic but with some FFOF and FF nutes, she is looking 300% better. She was drooping but now looks better. Got some pics that i posted last night in my sig in my closet grow. You growing right now?

7. Just checked out those pics man everything it looking good.
    What's the wattage of your lights?
    Also your seedlings look streched, any way you can adjust the height of your lights/ raise your plants a bit? They probably only have to be an inch or two from the tallest plant...
    Good luck brother.

8. Yeah if you're using florescent bulbs, you'll need them 1-3 inches from them. If you hold your hand right at the same height as the plant, you should be able to feel a little heat but if its too hot for your hand, its too hot for the plants

9. Yeah just kicked off my second grow. (I will post pics later on) My first grow was G-13 Labs Bluberry Gum and Pineapple Express. I got 1/2 pound on my first run and am hopin to hit thw 1 pound this time around.

10. #10 greenbudguy, May 26, 2011

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE! :) that's a lot of bud! I'm about a month out still from my first harvest. I don't know what to expect yet since a couple of them are still just started blooming. I already know my next grow will be better. Check out my 2 grows in my sig. You have a link to your grow?

11. Thanks alot!. yeah I was thinking they looked a little skinny.lol..and im growing some prime bag seeds and some dirt from outside:rolleyes:and i think they'r 20 watts?..does that suck?.

12. #12 greenbudguy, May 26, 2011
    Is it soil or dirt? There is a difference. You might want to consider getting some good soil for when you transplant. You'll need more light I think. I use about 350watts for 4 plants and I'm going to get more on my next grow.

13. yea i was planning on filling the whole closet space with fluro's!..or not i was gonna save up money for some led grow lights..and i think its soil..i looked around to see where the plants were the greenest in my house and dug like a foot and got the soil from down under...

14. #14 greenbudguy, May 26, 2011
    I was thinking about getting LED lights and just adding it to my CFLs haha

15. Good. Just make sure the lights are secure

16. #17 L-Do.Tx, May 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2011
    Ok!..Hello Everyone!..im just here giving a lttle update on how my babies are doin!..i just finished watering them so here they are!..enjoy! EDIT:BTW i also forgot to mention that the plants arent as big as they seem they'r only about 3-3 1/2 inch.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. If u look in the first pic you'l notice the plants are on top of a can inside a dish...the reason being that i have a bad ant problem that if they were to be on the floor the ants would be making colonies!.

18. Also is it bad if the stems are all wierd n shit?..i think it happened when i had the lights higher that they stretched out pretty far and started bending and curling..

19. Hey man what kinda soil you using? looks kinda wierd kinda muddy.