Hell?????

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Fredbear, Jul 24, 2012.

1. I have recently heard that all humans will go to heaven...Even child molesters and all other forms of sicko's.

Reason being God didnt create Hell for Us but for satan and his demons (angels)

I believe this to be true. As there are different levels of "Heaven".

thought??

2. I don't believe any of that even exists

3. [quote name='"kiefsmoker420"']I don't believe any of that even exists[/quote]

Second that

4. [quote name='"420MrNiceGuy420"']

Second that[/quote]

Its silly that we should have to say that. In this day and age people.still believe in monster under their bed. Its sad

5. Are you calling god a monster under the bed ?

6. If eternal hellfire is the consequence of choosing to live without religion, then god is a monster under the bed.

Hell is one of the very things that convinced me how silly Christianity/Islam was

7. #7 Gr33nD420, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2012
    None of that is real, OP

8. Oh look, atheists acting like they know what happens after death, never seen that before

9. [quote name='"Kush Lord"']Oh look, atheists acting like they know what happens after death, never seen that before[/quote]

Same experience as before birth.

10. This is my point. You cant claim to know for sure.

11. [quote name='"Kush Lord"']Oh look, atheists acting like they know what happens after death, never seen that before[/quote]

No one knows what happens after death, I believe that us as organisms on earth with all others die and no longer function. There is no evidence towards any hell, higher power, or any after life at all. I believe that religion uses after life to trick people into believing that they have a serious consequence for their actions and to give false hope to people even though their life is ending.

12. come on really if there is an almighty god out there and hes jealous and will send me to hell for all eternity for educating myself and questioning life than hes no god for me.

the fact that people seriously think they will go to hell just makes me sad and i dont mean that as an insult and i dont claim to know everything

13. God created the heavens and the earth.... heavens = plural

14. There is no evidence that our consciousness completely ceases to exist either.

My point is, the people in this thread should be a little more humble and realize that they have absolutely no clue.

15. i recognize i dont know for sure..i definitely believe in the soul or spirit though-meditation-astral projection experiences.

16. Hell doesn't exist.

17. "The doctrine of hell is only for the poor, the ragged, the ignorant. Well-dressed people won't have it. Nobody goes to hell in a carriage -- they foot it. Hell is for strangers and tramps. No soul leaves a brown-stone front for hell -- they start from the tenements, from jails and reformatories. In other words, hell is for the poor. It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a poor man to get into heaven, or for a rich man to get into hell. The ministers stand by their supporters. Their salaries are paid by the well-to-do, and they can hardly afford to send the subscribers to hell. Every creed in which is the dogma of eternal pain is doomed. Every church teaching the infinite lie must fall, and the sooner the better. --

18. Of course we can't say for sure, but think about it. What seems more possible, that we go back to not existing (such as before birth), or that one of the thousands of religions on this small planet happened to contain the factual truth of the afterlife?

19. Thats a bad way to put it because they all still agree on an afterlife.

20. Yes of course, but do you think they all go to a pleasant place upon dying? My point is that if everyone is going to say "we are the ones going to heaven and they are going to hell," then it simply proves how absurd it is.

The possibility of existence after death shouldn't really affect your life here and now. If you need the threat of hell or the promise of heaven to be a moral human, then I would be quite concerned. I do not think that is the case, however.

If the afterlife exists, we'll cross that road when we all get there. If it doesn't exist, then we won't even be conscious to acknowledge that there is no afterlife.

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius