Helicopters can detect where a plant is being Grown?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Terken, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Thanks, that is just what I wanted to hear.

Well PEACE and thanks...

2. Thanks for the explaination. You're never too old to learn.
    So I guess that when someone has a small hps closet grow in the middle of his house or the basement, the odds are very small that it can be detected. I know that attics are very vulnerable for thermal imaging because of the lack of proper insulation. A few winters ago the cops busted 40 attic operations in one day over here. However, you didn't needed infra red to discover, because from the chopper they could just point out the houses with a clean roof; the other ones were all covered with snow...LOL!

3. Your welcome Woody.

Let me clarify one little point, Thermal imaging is used to pinpoint heat sources such as indoor HID grow sources.

IR scans are used to locate outdoor grows, not indoors. IR is basically a photograph or camera with special IR filters on the lens or in the hardware.

But, the cops need a narc to lead them in the direction on where to look.

4. what is the maximum number of plants that you can grow without worrying about this Dilema?

5. i know here what they need is called probable cause.....like the informants BPP keeps talking about....

alto i also know ...if you goto them and say ...soso has weed in his poket...they can ask you if you do but that is all...they cannot search you or you house or anything without ...probable cause.....which does not include hearsay ....useualy before an informant vcan help bust some one they have to acctualy set up a deal with a wire...or meeting to discuss a deal with undercovers.....once this is done they useualy have more cause than they realy need...

if they dont follow the propper proceeduer any good lawyer can get you off...

but if you runn your mouth like the man said you will get your self caught...

6. because of crimes with knives in the u.k., the police are allowed to do random searches on anyone who they think may have a knive on them, and lots of people get caught with heroin, and diazepam, coke, etc...........but it just aint right that they can do that........the u.s. has good good ones and some bad, and so does the u.k........you'd think they could get together and sort it out......lol...........Peace out.........Sid

7. id be worryed if they all started realy working together....

8. 1 plant

9. heh, ive been thinking about having an outdoor grow where 1 plant is in a 5 gallon bucket of soil, and then the buket is on a rope 40' up to the top of a tree, then you can lower the bucket for watering and pruning... i'll find some olive drab rope for camo up against an ivy covered tree.... then if the cops find it its no big deal to me, cause it'll be on county property (big wooded lot where theres going to be construction in 2008... and noone goes out there...

10. ah... Just so you all know, if you decide to grow a large crop outside, or around the edge of a corn field, you have to be carefull about "remote sensing". From university experience, Every plant and tree gives off a unique computer id, which they zero down to very small units and if a "odd" number shows up, they might send out a teckie to go and see what weird thing is growing along that mountain side for example:)
    depending on the teckie, he might report it or steal it. I've learned this from experience. So don't go and grow a 1/2 acre out in some no mans land because it is being watched too.

11. My friends father which I know quite well and talk to at some length about growing has been at it for the past 20 years. He had a helecopter fly over his house and pick up the heat coming from the attic (where the stash was). The police were alerted to this and he was locked up for a while. He was growing a large quantity tho. If all you have is a few plants theres no chance they will catch u unless u bring it on yourself.

If you have a large setup the safest way ive seen is underground in shipping containers (those big metal ones they import/export cars in) with earth on top. This costs alot of money tho but will earn it all back in time.

12. Unless you live in an area that has a high concentration of outdoor grows, you shouldn't have to worry too much about the technology that allows them to filter certain heat or IR signatures. It's pretty expensive and is probably only equipped on DEA and military helicopters. One way to avoid making a trail is to use existing game trails to get to and from your grow. If you are growing near or in cultivated crops, just space them out like BPP said, and walk between the rows. Farmers notice disturbed or knocked down crops. You should also avoid going to the site after rains, the mud in a field will hold your tracks for a while. When growing in the midwest near cultivated fields we only visited our plants 3 to 4 times in a season, and only at night, without a flashlight.
    One way to combat thermal imaging in an attic grow, is to run your lights during the day, when the roof will be hot from the sun and won't stand out. I generally don't like the idea of attic grows anyway. It's where all the heat in a house escapes to already, and your adding even more heat with the lights.

13. lol my brother had his first grow in a mango tree..he just chopped a bit of the top of the mango tree down tog ive it some light...i think he had 2 up there and i couldnt see shit

14. Glass will block IR, which is how they detect them outdoor, police can also use 850am or ham radios and triangulate an indoor grow. Just was researching this. Spring is near #freetheweed

15. You should be more worried about a long-time 'friend' or GF, ex-wife running their mouth than a random helicopter seeing a few plants. Ask me how I know this!!!

16. Around two decades ago, when this thread started, it was probably more of an issue. Today, I think they have more important issues than small home grows, which are legal in many states.

17. this guy knows what's up, further more the color of green agents the landscape makes it easy to spot lol. especially in a vigorous vegging plant..... they have a bunch of yellow bullseye against a sea of green lol.

18. lmfao!!!! ya thats the funny part, people think it takes a lot of tech to find the grows and it really doesn't with open eyes.....

19. Now a lot of computers put off a LOT of heat . Look at my day trading computer . Its water cooled and it supports a entire room of monitors . I like my charts . The room would easily get up in the 90s or 100 ! I installed a mini split in the room to keep it all cool. Yes heat blooms from grow houses but proves nothing .
    You can talk to your cable company they can tell if your growing . They can pick up rf radiation from the old hps systems . Also bitcoin miners they produce a large heat bloom.
    A person that likes there home hotter then others heat cranking heat bloom. That chopper floying over your business or house what does it prove ? There is extra heat . Today led lights . Fans to keep that air sucked out to a normal temp under 80f . What heat bloom ? Its cold good to go .
    And i cant see the law enforcement getting a warrant for a house that sets off the helichopter flurr lol.
    Judge its hot in that house lol. Sure lets hit it ! Law suit to follow no matter what .My opinion If your in the us i cant tell you other places .