Helicopter

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by obscenegrace, Jul 8, 2009.

1. GC,

Today I saw a black helicopter cruising slow and low dangerously close and it scared the hell out of me. It seemed like he was searching for something because he kept turning around. I'm so spooked that I'm thinking of pulling. What would you do?

2. Does your spot look noticeable from air? Do you think it does?

if you think that its obvious or if its obvious that it might be seen easily from above then personally i wouldn't want to take the risk.

3. Dude same but my plants are in red cups right now and there really small but noticable from air. DAMNN what should i do

4. I doubt a helicopter can see little red cups man. Even if they could its not like they can know that you're growing pot if your plants aren't like several feet tall at least.

5. unless they are actually on your land i wouldent pull them but just not go back there and check on them and at least youd have the chance of them making it the season and then come harvest time you can just "stumble" upon them and chop em down. if ya get caught redhanded just be like what i just found these hikeing and wanted to chop them down and burn them to better society or something stupid like that.

6. I don't think it is easily visible. There's trees all around. Everything's pretty much blended in with surrounding vegetation. The only thing is that one of my pots is 20 gallon and it is all buried but 6 or 8 inches. But its black so its not that noticeable. Plus, I only have 4 plants so its not like I'm going commercial or anything. Anyway, it's been a half hour so I guess if there was anything to it, they'd haved already kicked in my door by now.:eek:

7. pretty much the backyard but in the woods. As i drove up the copter was flying around. After I'd been there two or three minutes (after a bit more circling) they flew off. I know they saw me but I wasn't out there or anything. I was just drove up to my house, got out of the car went in and watched for a while until they left.

8. where do you live? cali?

9. Nope.. east coast.

10. Sorry if I'm not explaining myself clearly

11. I doubt it is anything to worry about if your on the east coast, but i guess you can never be too careful sometimes. See how active the DEA is in your area.

12. God bless the east coast for growing cause i have never seen any heli's or anything, or even articles for my area of pot busts. It's really strange

But wonderful

13. I guess I need to check the DEA website to see if I can find out if they have anything going on in the area.

There's an pilot school nearby that uses the area surrounding me for training but its usually planes, not choppers. If I see a chopper its usually on the way somewhere... and quickly but this one kept circling around the area and crossing back and it was much lower... it even flew over my house a few times.

I realize how expensive it is to operate helis and I'm probably just paranoid since I only have 4 plants but I happen to be one unlucky sumbitch sometimes.

Regardless, thanks for the input guys:wave:

14. no worries your definitely probably safe, especially with how its pretty hard to catch a glance with the surrounding vegatation as some plants may even appear AS marijuana, no one is ever certain until they walk up and take a GOOD look at it. i think your good to go, its that paranoia sinking in :)

15. I wouldn't pull then but I would be on high alert for a while. Only visit the spot at night, ect.

16. A smart way to grow outside and make it harder to detect is to take a pot and glue leaves,bark and twigs to it. Hoist in a tree using rope and secure it so its as close to the tree trunk as possible. Make sure you use rope brown or black in color,