Helicopter Paranoia

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by VicRattlehead, May 30, 2010.

1. #1 VicRattlehead, May 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2010
    My only worry about growing outdoors is that i heard they fly around looking for pot..and id be growin on my property (fields and etc. everywhere)...and ive seen military helicopters flying by before.........so with that being said..is it really a big worry to have a few plants out in the open?...i mean....in order for it to grow its gotta get sun which means its out in the open kinda..lol...noone will see it unless they look with a helicopter but im just wondering what you guys have to say

oh and aphids are EVERYWHERE. haha. fuck.

2. #2 hiphopanonymous?, May 30, 2010
    i use neem oil for bugs, u can get it at walmart and as for helis if they fly over the area i wouldnt put them there but thats just my 2 cents

3. haha yeah true. plan terminated........

4. you know this what they want us to think. they cops want you to be paranoid, to put you on edge so you slip. And they are right there to catch you when you do. When really the simple fact is if they bust you in a helicopter for a couple plants.......seems like awefull waste of tax payers money does it not? they fly around looking for"crops" not a few plants. I dont know where you live but in canada, no pun intended.....that shit dont fly.....I could just picture it. The RCMP drug unit repelling from a helicopter with rifles into a feild or landing in a feild and swarming the area for a few pot plants.Whos the criminal master mind behind this operation?? If its a few plants dont worry about it if your putting out a crop , rethink it. thats my thoughts anyhow. If your putting out 10 or under just spread them out randomly as far apart as you can. No way a helicocksucker is gunna find that. Again I dont know where your from but here we have a Season that goes from basicly may to september sometimes october.You see helicopters flying around in september or october looking for the CROPS they cant come in the beggining of the season cause theres nothing to find yet. Just be smart they cant bust everone, so take the nessisary steps to make sure your not on that list. But again this is just my opinion, hope it helps

5. i wouldnt terminate it based on my opinion cause their are so many variables. are you sure they are cop helis and not just civilian helis, are their other small trees around that may look similiar from above, and how close do they fly to your land? ya see so many things come into affect when facing this situation
    edit if your that worried get some anti aircraft weapons and take them out when they fly by jk jk im playin C.O.D. lol

6. #6 VicRattlehead, May 30, 2010
    haha i dont think theyre THAT crazy about it....and i figure theyre mainly looking for big fields or just doing something non pot related...but idk its a small town...i wonder if theyd bust me if they DID see a few plant sout in the open........idk...i think im alright but i dont think im gonna get shit out of it anyways...its more for fun/educative purposes ;)....maybe something so smoke in a few months....but iiiidk....ill think about it

and the plans not terminated just........probably...for the most part

7. well for example...just the other day...a very military lookin....Blackish greyish big heli was flying along the highway...probably taking pictures of the highway or the lakeside or something...who the fuck knows...but thats literally RIGHT next to my grow place

Ive also seen them flying around in the harvesting time but i have no idea if theyre looking for pot....i wouldnt be surprised tho....

theres lots of trees and bushes and everything but i want it in the open as much as possible...around here i need as much sun as i can get haha....ill lok for a spot but idk...i dont think its worth the worry.

8. just spread out your plants only 1 or 2 per spot and plant into cover,plant in clusters of trees.

9. You would be breaking the law and have every reason to have fears. You're not being irrational about this. Now if you were worried about aliens finding your crop, I would think you're beinging irrational.

10. this man has proof..it really happened!!!

[​IMG]

11. ive pretty much made the decision not to grow outdoors...its just not worth it... not worth the worry or the work fighting pests and getting them water on hot summer days.... at least not around here..........we'll have frost in July knowing my luck.

ive always wanted to grow indoors but im so broke lol...i think ill just wait until im not...then ill have little to no worry..:)

12. Dude, I battle this helicopter paranoia every year, so I know why you're hesitant to take the chance growing outdoors. I'm in a similar situation as you because i own on my own land; I'm in a small town and I get buzzed by helicopters a few times a year.

My spot is pretty much isolated so I never really worry about some asshole walking up on the grow because they're all well secluded by tall tress on all sides, and I still manage to get 6 hours of direct sunlight.

So despite some unforeseeable "black swan" event where the stars align to fuck me over, the only way I could get pinched is from the air. I try not to think about it but every time I hear anything remotely like a helicopter or a prop plane my stomach knots a little.:eek:

The copters I see are maybe once or twice a year but they are always flying at twice or three times the tree top level. Scares the hell out of me every time. and I'm not even sure if they're really looking for anything or if they've actually SEEN anything!

A police scanner might help lessen the paranoia too or at least, you could tell a little more about who they are and what they are looking for (at least you'd know when to really be worried!!!)

13. A solid choice.

14. If u live in cali or somewhere thats known for cultivation then worry .helicopters are expensive to run,maintain so most law enforcement doesn't have it inthere budget to jus fly around randomly.Its prob life flight or military exercises.I have helicopters fly over my house bout every day and they've never found a patch cause there occupied with other things

15. Same situation here..;) lol your probably on the next lot of property haha!
    but yeah i....i just dont know...

16. To both of you guys.... Im far north of cali haha...but yeah ive seen them fly around with some sort of "vietnam style" helis....just the other day (i saw flight for life on memorial day as well haha, drunken accident).... It was big, blackish..greyish..greenish haha.. Its not like they do it allllll the time.... im pretty sure ill see more around harvest time.. I think they just make a few sweeps...

As for thermal scanning helis....it wouldnt be a big worry to me at all...id have it in a box...with a fan for my light and a fan for air circulation.....it would be just about as much heat as a heating vent :)

Right now i have them right by my place...they look pretty happy in their own buckets now tho :)....idk if I have the heart to kill them anymore :(...im thinkin about trying LST with 1 or 2....theyre about 4 or 5 inches tall..... anyways...enough of me lol