Height versus Width

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by athensman, Mar 13, 2011.

1. I am using a cabinet grow, but the cabinet is within a closest. The closet is about four feet wide, but only two feet deep. The ceiling is ten foot. So height is basically a non issue. I plan on filling the entire space with the cabinet, the closet part is basically just hiding the cab so it's not openly in my room.

So my question is, how do I maximize the space I have? Most set ups I've been reading aboun on here in the past months were in square areas, which definitely are more convenient, but you know, gotta take what I have.

I have a 600W HPS lighting system, so from what Ive read I should be able to have bountiful light in the whole area.

So I guess my question is, is there a specific growing strategy that can help me maximize this some what awkward space? I would really like to maximize the yield for the area. I have read about SOG and ScrOG and LST, and I understand all of them, I was just hoping to get a grower with some grows under his belt to give his advice/wisdom on if any of those methods or some other method would be most beneficial. I have heard that .5g/w is a pretty obtainable goal. Would you say that is true here as well?

Thanks for the help blades.