heavy yielding strains

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GD90, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Hi
    I'm done with my reg mandala #1 seeds - managed to grow 1 female out of 10 :(
    killed the first 2 (noobing lol) and then it just seemed they turned male no matter what kind of training I did - topped even once... male. I started questioning my methods and read up on males and females - and I tried increasing the nitrogen level , still male , I tried a bunch of different methods - still males... The only female I got was from not touching the plant at all , just water about every week - got me 20g dry weight... yay :/
    I guess reg seeds was my biggest mistake from the beginning since I can only grow 1 plant at a time in my closet...

Anyway to the point - I'm gonna buy some fem seeds on the 1st of next month , and since I can only grow 1 at a time , I need a heavy yielder - I looked into the obvious ones ; Sharksbreath, The Ultimate - but after reading up on The Ultimate , I'm not so sure anymore... I heard good and bad reviews , mostly bad though - also the statements that DP seeds tend to hermie alot more than usual put me off.

To the question, which plant would you suggest to me , which plant yielded the most and had the most stable genetics in your experience?

Thanks in advance :)

2. Serious seeds white Russian it's just a beast

I also had a great yield from my Eva seeds monster for how fast it flowered an the minimal training I gave it

3. thanks for the quick reply :)

and btw. I know it all depends on how you grow , how long you veg etc...
    I'm just looking for candidates for my next grow , therefore asking the pro's ;)

4. Haha sorry to say but they are two completely different strains from two completely different companies

White Russian is a mix of ak47/white widow all serious seeds strains

5. #6 MIDLIFE, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2012
    i know that, what i should have said is ''they are nearly the same'' but the OP would find that out if he does his reserch.

if you crack 5 seeds from each company's seeds, how many pheno types will you get ? i bet more than 4 ...
    the kalashnikova is a mix of what then, white widow/ak47 ? :p:D
    middy

6. It being a male has nothing to do with your food. You either buy fem seeds which gives you 99% chance of a female or you have a 50/50 chance of either. Theres really no way to determine if your using non fem seed if its going to be a male till you grow it.

People have there vodoo methods but nothing is full proof or even proven to impact sex like that.

Heat and dicking with the lights is about the only way to really get a hermie.

Yield is highly variable since it all depends on 1000 different things. A 1 gallon pot will net you dramatically less then 5 gallons. Veging 2 months vice 1, what type of nutes etc etc.

7. White Russian from Serious Seeds is definitely on my list after checking it out :)
    thanks for the replies , one more question - is the Sharksbreath all its made out to be, or should I skip that one - if so , any other recommendations? :)

8. Dunno about that but I found Paradise Seeds Wappa to be a heavy yielder for me. If you go to there website look at there gallery they posted a nice one I grew...was only a 2 gallon pot as well!

9. Interesting choice , I actually remember considering this back when I first started - but of course I went for something that seemed easier at the time ... *mistaaaaaaaake!* :p

10. What I liked about it was 2 feet tall almost exact. Nice shot heavy yielder. One of my all time favs now

11. [quote name='"rhapsodyrcks"']

Dunno about that but I found Paradise Seeds Wappa to be a heavy yielder for me. If you go to there website look at there gallery they posted a nice one I grew...was only a 2 gallon pot as well![/quote]

Yea wappa and nebula were big yields..love paradise