Heavy smoking = LONG term memory loss?

Discussion in 'General' started by IGotTheCottons, Nov 28, 2006.

1. ^how can that be right when in studies its actually been proven to bring out scitzophrenia(sp?) if its in your family etc?

2. because not everyone who's been tokin since the 60's, 70's and 80's has a predisposition to that disease in their family.

3. ok well i would like to say good job everyone on your ideas and personal abilities. and for the most part you are all right. i wrote an essay for my friends college report shit and it was about hemp and i even went to a hospital down the street from my work because they have a model of a brain and it has little diagram of the brain and they have a list of drugs that are fairly common, like weed and coke, shrooms, alcohol. and it showed the regions of the brain that were affected on each substance. weed comes along and it shows a thin line down the linear hemisphere (the big crevace down your brain that splits the 2 hemispheres) and then a very small spot in the back of the brain near the spot that effects coordination, and reactions. but the line down the middle was to show that the part that allows the signals to pass from one side of the brain to the other is affected in the means that it slows down the signals as it passes through this part. which is a sign of lowered attention span. but they said that it doesnt affect memory. its only thought that because the lower attention span makes you get side tracked easily and you forget what you were either talking about or doing or whatever, and because you are doing so many things you dont always remember the miniscule details of the time that you were high.
    dont let anyone tell you other wise. even the tv. i mean hey the tv said bush is a decent guy. i like to think otherwise.