Heavy Metal

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by TheReeferMan, Dec 18, 2009.

1. It seems that now days everyone is listening to rap of shit like lady gaga...

So Does anyone here like the good stuff? Iron Maiden, Dio, Metallica, Judas Priest, Megadeth, motorhead, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Rush (not really heavy metal but whatever), Slayer, Death (ok so i know its a death metal band but its the good old kind that doesn't sound like a guy choking on a dick) Sacred Reich. All of that is great stuff and they don't get and appreciation, so whose with Me? :metal:

2. I've been listening to alot of Dethklok, Mastodon, Gojira, and Buckethead, of late.

3. I saw Gojira in concert. Its not really the kind of stuff I'm in to but they opened for Metallica. Overall it was a really good show.

4. fuck yea man, my 3 favorite bands are metallica, iron maiden and mastodon. i love me some good metal.

5. i like lots of metal

6. I love pretty much ever metal band named in this post. Although I'll add Trivium and Dream Theatre (not really metal, but can get pretty heavy sometimes). And don't forget pantera.

7. Amon Amarth, Ensiferum, Opeth, Megadeth, and TURISAS

I like viking metal

8. Megadeth, Mudvayne, Iron Maiden, and Five Finger Death Punch are some of my favorite Metal bands.

9. 3 cheers for metal- hip hip! hooray
    hip hip! hooray
    hip hip! hooray

:hello:

10. What's the difference between hard rock and metal? I'm trying to broaden my horizon of music so i have started to listen to hard rock/metal. I know the difference between speed metal, death metal a shit like that. Are bands like ACDC, Iron Maiden, and metallica metal or hard rock?

11. ACDC, Iron Maiden, and metallica are metal.

12. ac/dc is hard rock. they can be kinda heavy, but they're hard rock. iron maiden along with motorhead are the two most important new wave of british heavy metal bands, so theyre definitely metal. metallica is one of the 'legendary' 4 thrash metal bands (also including slayer, megadeth, and anthrax). so they're metal too, but after like, they're 4th album they became pretty gay.

you should start with bands like blue cheer and black sabbath, they're the earliest incarnations of metal. then motorhead and maiden, then maybe some metallica and slayer, then you can move on to the heavy shit. death metal and if you're into that kind of thing black metal. it only gets crazier from there with shit like deathgrind, and other extreme metal/punk hybrids.

13. The american way by sacred reich fuckin rocks. And overall so does metal. Pantera, FFDP, slipknot, metallica, reveille, sucidial tendencies, SOD, Anthrax, the list goes on and on. Pantera is one of my all time favorite. RIP dimebag. Metal over rap anyday. Not that i dont like some rap but every song revolves around 3 things-

"Money, Hoes and Clothes, is all a n*gga knows" Biggie Smalls