Heaven and Hell

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by DDV, Mar 19, 2013.

1. #1 DDV, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2013
    Truly, are these actual places we go to once we are dead? Tall silver gates, illuminated by lights from all angles; unbearable heat, fire, and darkness engulfing your surroundings for miles and miles. This is heaven and hell?

How about you put these two concepts into action, in the here and now. In this life. Can’t we see heaven in our very own lives? Can’t we see hell? It is in our perception, our thoughts, what we focus on that determines in which realm we dwell. The universe simply is. However, your subjective reality is controlled by how you feel about the universe and these feelings are controlled by your thoughts. So if this world is dark and fearful then so is your thinking, if the world is bright and joyful then so again is your thinking. Since the only true reality as far as you, that is your “self” is concerned, is this perception then you have an amazing power to change it. You are the very sun of your existence. You and only you decide whether you live in joy or misery. It is up to no one else. Words, peers, friends may affect you but they are just as impermanent as everything else in this world. They come and go, like the wind. Why should you let these characters hurt you, deceive you, abuse you? Why should you pay any attention to these souls that live in darkness themselves? They are but walking corpses, living with the eyes of the dead; in life and in death, they are just skeletons wrapped in skin.

There is a subtle beauty waiting to be discovered in every waking moment, a voice that lies in hiding in silence, but it uses no language familiar to us. Listen, you will hear it. Look, and you will see it. If you fail to do so you will live in darkness. You have eyes, but why can’t you see? You are the spectator of your own cinema, you must decide: which will it be, Heaven or Hell?

2. I can see where you're coming from, but Heaven and Hell are more than just a state of mind.

3. Dogmas aside, says who? Can you further explain? This is not a matter of faith, unless you say it is so. I invite you to put this into practice and see for yourself.

4. You're right, it's a matter of faith, for me at least. I can live in my own Hell every night for the rest of my life and yet know it doesn't come close to the darkness that's on the other side. Can you think positively and dwell in your Heaven every day till you die?

5. #5 DDV, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2013
    Thinking negatively and positively is not at all what I refer to.

Nothing is inherently good or bad. Attaching thoughts to a neutral situation makes your world brighter, or darker, according to your own thoughts. It should not become a chore to think positively. It should not become wishful thinking, a fantasy, or a mindset you force yourself into. Actually, I'm not asking that you attach your own perceptions to situations. What I'm pointing out here, is that it is possible to awaken to what is really there. With your eyes, yes, you see what is really there, but you do not realize it. It is phenomena that arises only when you take the time to observe closely, to live intensely in the moment. You may pass a maple tree every day during your drive from work to home, and to you, it may seem like just a tree. But if you observe closely, meditatively, you will see a beauty unfolding that was not there before. It is like what a baby witnesses as their reality, they seem content and seem to be in a constant state of bliss and awe. Show a baby a rose and they will giggle and marvel like you just showed them a magic trick. In Matthew 18:3, it says: : "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

But you must take the time to notice it, and to develop it until it pervades your entire perception. This is different from positive thinking, clearly. In my lifetime I have seen individuals who suffer immensely and live shrouded in fear and disgust of their own reality. Even to the point where they may take their own lives. I have seen, too, those who cultivate observation and concentration into their perception, and they live in joy. It is not a task they must undertake every morning when they wake up, but it has now become part of their understanding of reality. So, how is it that for some, this very same reality we all share may seem morbid, while for others it is a divine playground of life and death? If it is a matter of faith, truly, this conversation comes to an end, as there is not much more I can say here. But I am not asking you to abandon your faith, but rather, see it from a different perspective, with an open mind - that is the key to one's growth.

6. With all of the horrible things that happen in this miserable world, I sometimes wonder whether or not I am already in hell.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using GC Forum

7. Heaven and hell=here and now....
    the nazarene tried out of frustration to teach this concept to his students when he said to them..."the kingdom of heaven is within you"
    The most vital lessons for living this life they also misunderstood....
    "You reap as you sow"
    This was never ment to apply to some mythical afterlife....
    Here and now.....
    Hell is where we walk each day....where we lay down each night...
    If this hell is suffering...than it is here and now....and we need it as much as we need the joy of this "kingdom of heaven" how would we know one without the other...
    Here we are separate...here we suffer....yet for moments....here and there...we fell connected...for a moment here and there we feel joy....
    and we only appreciate it because we have walked in hell....

Like a moments light ....shining thru a break in the storm....

Silly humans think hell can be avoided....it is as vital to us ad is the darkness to the light....

There is no "getting there"
    We have always been there...

This life is never more than we make of it ourselves...
    Heaven or hell ...we choose inside each moment which we shall walk in...
    Whichever we make of our lives

That reaping....begins here are now...creates the world around you...

Ever wonder why 10people can look at the same thing....
    and see 10different things....
    Each of us is the center of our own universe...
    we may interact with one another....but we are each inside our own/ building our own world....

Separation....suffering....darkness....
    Connection....joy.....light....
    Heaven and hell.....here and now....

8. I don't believe the universe would waste good energy and store it in a "good place" and a "bad place" when you die. The universe recycles you, it would be inefficient to waste energy like that.

9. Who's idea was the separation of good and bad?
    Are there not situations where most things considered "bad" can end up with a "good" use/purpose somewhere along the line....
    if this god is to be "all" then it is both good and bad....not just one or the other...
    for "everything" to have come from this god.....than both heaven and hell.... good and bad.... light and dark.... are all of this god.....
    If this god is the all it claims to be.....it already knows humans don't get it....
    They don't want to....
    To actually understand....means realizing you are responsible for your own life....
    Maybe not for all that comes your way....yet certainly for how you handle it...and how it effects you...
    Once you accept that you are in charge of yourself...you can begin to effect which road you travel more effectively...heaven or hell....
    By taking care what you sow.....you influence what you reap....heaven or hell...here and now....

There is no tomorrow...
    This moment is all we have
    Where will you live it?
    Heaven or hell....

10. as far as im concerned, were all already living on hell and heaven is when we die..

11. I can see it from your perspective and logically it makes sense. I suppose it's a matter of perception.

12. Heaven or Hell,
    both are or neither be...
    or, perhaps an individual
    perception of reality.

13. Heaven = celebrating
    Hell = suffering

14. I like this. Very much.

15. Thank you.

16. Makes me think of the law of attraction. Not to say it's necessarily true or not, but if it is, some misunderstand it, feel as if there is a delay. Notion that what you give out comes back at a time later than the moment it is given out makes no sense. Reaping and sowing, not separated by time. Heaven and hell, not exactly separate, only distinguished by which one we chose to experience. There is only now, so you cannot have one without the other. They must coexist but as you said which one you sow, or choose, manifests which you reap, or experience.

Religion, they don't want you to know heaven and hell is only a choice. They want you to jump through their hoops. They don't want you to know what the guy their entire premise is based off of was really teaching because if you knew what he was teaching, you would know you don't need the damn religion at all.

17. I agree with this post. I saw the film "The Secret" and it claimed there was a delay of this law of attraction, approximately 6-8 weeks I think it said. Ha! As if it were a postcard!

18. This is exactly why they killed the poor guy....
    he wasn't trying to start a religion.....he was trying to do away with them....and their synthetic limitations....
    Telling people they already had all they needed inside....
    The religions of the day couldn't have this....it takes all their power away and gives it to the individual...where it belongs.... it removes the priest as middle man and sends each in search of/responsible for their own salvation or damnation....

Humans don't like this idea of be responsible for their own lives
    They like having someone/thing to blame...

19. God does not claim to be anything. It is man that makes that claim.

20. This^

Can't add anything to it. Nearly went to put my fingers in my ears that truth was so loud. :eek: