Heat...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bisco_trip, Oct 11, 2008.

1. So im doing a closet grow. whats a good way to cool it down. i cant drill holes or put holes in anything. is there like something that will cool down a room somehow? some sort of mini A/C i can just put in my closet?

2. ok so i just finished building and putting everythign together. all im missing is an exhaust fan which will be a 170cfm inline fan with carbon filter. right now with the HPS/MH light on its 92.8 degrees. hwo much of a difference will it make when i put an exhaust fan in? will it drop it 8 degrees?

3. if the fan is exhausting that air out of the closet it will help tremendously.

4. unfortunately it vents it back into the closet. but i have a fan on the exhaust so it cools the air. i think its gonan work. good thing im using CO2

5. hard to tell if its gonna drop it 8deg since your pumping the hot air in the same area that its taking it from. Im no expert but I dont think using co2 is gonna help your heat issue.

6. oh i know the CO2 wont make a difference..

7. I had a friend that tried that sort of thing a few years back, but his closet had a gap at the top and bottom, just enough to allow air in and keep closed during the dark time. But during the light period, he just kept the door open to allow circulation of fresh air, which also got rid of the hot air . He just had cfl's too so heat was not too bad during the light hours. He lived alone though, so he could leave it open without having to conceal from others. But if you cant leave it open or cracked, then air in and air out would be required probably? Good luck with that though buddy, and let us know how she turns out.
    P.S. If the closet has a wall outlet or phone jack in it, you could take the cover off and put a small computer fan over the hole to take the hot air out into the space between the sheetrock??

8. i guess ill go about cuttin hole in ceiling of closet and venting through there. thanks sandman

9. they make ac units that roll around for cooling a room at a time kinda spendy 200 and up. your gonna have to exhaust it for sure you could get a ducting fan and just run dryer vent from the ducting fan out of you closet. but that would still only drop it 6d max.