Heat Wave 2 - Thoughts on beating the heat!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by slightlysticky, Jul 21, 2018.

1. I don't have an inch of spare time to deal with a heat wave y'all. Here's my tips to keep it cool outside in Socal. Mulch, Water, Shade cloth and misters are coming out this weekend. Other than that I trust my dripper to keep the roots as cool as I can. Anyone have any novel solutions to heat death in LA?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Misters in direct sunlight? I am a total new guy to growing but isn't water droplets on leaves a bad thing in direct sunlight???

• Like Like x 2
  3. More for the ground at their feet. Just to keep the humidity up around the plants.

4. I like it. Is your root ball above or below ground?

5. Mulch is great. I would never use misters. I just water in the morning every other day when it's triple digits. No problems.

6. Hell i deal with it all the time in palm springs. So far my record is 120 for 8 days and didnt loose a plant outside lol
    My summer journal

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  7. So if u are worried shade cloth or just find a spot where they get direct sunlight till around noon. My patio does it for me.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

8. Plants handle the heat a lot better than most realize.
    Papa Puff lives in the lower desert and they average weeks straight in the triple digits.
    I live in the high desert and most days here in summer are in the mid 90's and above.
    I dont use shade cloth or misters. I just give my garden water once a day in the afternoon.
    20180717_141136.jpg 20180717_141144.jpg
    No problems here.

9. Nice. But you should of used some other type of wood for your beds like pine or redwood. Plywood could have other chemicals added into it and that can leach into your soil. Just some food for thought

10. Its years old sheet stock I've had laying around. Anything that leached out did so years before they were made into beds. The insides of the boxes are coated with elastomeric paint to keep the wood from breaking down further.
    Reduce, Reuse, Recycle...

• Like Like x 1