heat stress? warm res? form done an pics

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by reecescott, Sep 28, 2010.

1. #1 reecescott, Sep 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2010
    Your Equipment: HYDRO, IKON 18 TABLE
    .1) Type and wattage of lights. (MH, HPS, CFL's, tube fluorescents, LED's) 600w hps x2
    .2) Distance from tops? 3-4 foot
    .3) Reflector type? (cool tube set-up, bat wing, enclosed reflector, bare bulb...) standard shade
    .4) Is there a consistent fresh air supply? yes
    .5) Do you have an exhaust fan and a circulation fan? yes
    .6) What are the bulb wattages, kelvin ratings, and schedule? 18 hour

Your medium:
    .7) Specific brand and type of soil, (coco, peat based soilless...) and anything you've added to it. (vermiculite, perlite, worm castings...) rockool
    .8) Size of container.
    .9) Did you use peat pucks (or similar) to root clones or germinate seedlings?

Your nutrients and water:
    10) Source of water? (tap, bottled or filtered) What's it's ph before adjusting?tap 7.4
    11) Method of checking water ph. (ph pen, test strips, aquarium test kit...) ph pen
    12) Method of adjusting water ph. (phosphoric acid, white vinegar, hydrated lime, PH Up...) ph up
    13) Specific brand and N-P-K ratio for each bottle. List dosages (quantity per gallon) and current feeding schedule. canna aqua vega, 20 mil per 10 litre, a &b liquid oxygen 5mil per 10 litres
    14) How often are you watering between feedings, and how much per watering? pumps on for 10 min every hour
    15) Any additives or tea's? (Superthrive, CalMag, molasses, Mother's Earth...)
    16) Are your ph levels stable, or do they fluctuate? keep them 5.4-6.2
    17) What is your ingoing water's ph? ...your runoff ph?
    18) Do you foliar feed? If so, with what, how often, and at what time do you spray?

Your growroom:
    19) Indoors or outdoors? indoor
    20) What size of closet, room or hut? 8 foot by 6 foot
    21) What are the temps and humidity levels while lights are on? ...With lights off? less than 30 humid, 28 -31 max
    22) Have you seen signs of insects in the growroom? no

Your strain:
    23) What strain are you growing? (Indica dominate or Sativa dom?) blues
    24) From seeds or clones? clones
    25) Is this an autoflower strain? no

EC READS .... 1.2 - 1.4
    PH IS 5.6 -5.7

not sure whats happenin, the main stem as started to go purple a bit, and stems on leaves are purple, some bottom tomiddle leaves se to be dryin out and goin brown startin in patches, AND THE TOP LEAVES ARE A BIT LEATHERY LIKE, WAT U THINK GUYS PLEASE HELP im thinkin heat stress as they was doin fine really untill i switche second light on, then they slowed down, thers less than 30 humidity in ther an tank was a tad warm today, cool now tho, iv give fresh mix so water is fine, iv sitched 1 light off an hired a bit to ease any stress, anythin else i should be doin

put them in rock wool, they took 5-6 days for roots to come threw,been on table for 11 days, plus took 5 for roots t come threw

Attached Files:

2. looks like nute burn

3. its at lowest strenght

4. looks like maybe a mild case of magnesium deficiency. I had in my bubble buckets. Cal mag is the retail remedy or, I used Epsom salts. I used 1/2 tbsp per gallon of water. Before adding it to your res, dissolve it in a couple cups of boiling water, allow to cool and dump it in. I didn't sweat the PH given that it's not much water.

To be fair, I don't have a lot of experience so take my advice with a grain of salt. . .

5. thanks anyway, any pros around? need this sortin asap, i think its in earl stages

6. IS THIS SOME SORT OF SPECIAL DEFICIANCY no1s ever seen? lots of views and no help?????????

7. #7 2lsc, Sep 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2010
    I actually know what this is.

The brown spots on and around the veins is indicitive of a Calcium Deficiency.
    The general yellowing, curling, crisping, and what looks almost like mold (but obviously isn't) is a Phosphate deficiency.

Calcium and Phosphorus are mobile together, so an imbalance in the chemistry is a likely cause.

Magnesium and Potassium ions compete for uptake with Calcium. Being an immobile element it is at a disadvantage. This is usually compensated by applying a 3:1 ratio of calcium to magnesium in a nutrient solution; despite Magnesium being the most crucial element to chlorophyll and energy generation.

Phosphorus assists in the uptake of calcium by bonding into calcium phosphate which is readily drawn in by the root cell walls. Sulfates can also interfere in this process, binding up calcium, so if you are using Epsom Salts I suggest you discontinue that immediately.

So, it can be a complex issue, especially post cloning as it might just be an adjustment thing.

I notice a pretty large fluctuation in your pH. Aim for 5.5 to 5.6 all of the time. Deviating and entire point of pH is going to cause more problems down the road so keep it closer to a tenth of a point in deviation. Nitric Acid pH- from TechnaFlora will be more stable than a phosphoric acid pH- in your specific system. Having a pH over 5.8 is going to cause these kinds of phosphate and calcium problems.

Just dial in your system a little bit, check your nutrient levels, as 1.2 to 1.4 EC is pretty high... Maybe switch to RO water to drop that EC a bit. I'd think you could run a 0.8 to 1.0 EC with a 5.5 pH for a good week and see improvement over your current situation. Organicare and Humboldt Nutrients both offer lines of calcium, magnesium, and micro nutrient supplements you can use to perfect your craft.

8. nice 1 mate, so it defo what you say it is, iv read some posts and from what i read, cal-mag is the best stuff to treat my problem?? my ph is at 5.8 al take it down to what you say, iv all reafdy brought my EC to 0.8, so im on the right track, thanks again

9. can you tell me best stuff to buy for it?

10. so should i switch newts or just get the organicare? and ad it to my canna aqua vega?

11. I've been using the Organicare complex of Calplex (calcium), Huvega (mag&micro), and Humega (humic chelation) with Canna for the last few months and it works well. You will use gallons of the Huvega though, at 30ml per gallon it burns up quick.

I will be using the Humboldt Nutrients line next go around because it will be less expensive to run and the volume of nutrients I would need to add goes from 30ml to closer to 5ml. So much less is needed for a grow. Humboldt Nutrients line is Sea Cal (calcium and micro), Sea Mag (Mag and some Macro), and FlavorFul (Fulvic chelation).

Then again, you are growing hydroponically, so it's not like you have to avoid the EDTA in Botanicare's Cal-Mag Plus, add in a little Liquid Karma and I think you're set.

It's up to you, either you get the Botanicare Line, the Organicare Line, or the Humboldt Nutes Line. Any one of these is going to resolve your issue, so pick one that makes sense to your brain and your wallet.

12. nice 1 pal, al get some Botanicare's Cal-Mag Plus, and ad it too the canna at a weaker strenght, hopefully it will do the trick

13. got sum cal mag, iv flushed the table with plain ph 5.5 water with liqud oxy, and just added 10 mil of cal mag to 20 litres, will leave it for a FEW DAYS hopefully they will pick up, should i ad some canna ata very week strenght?????

14. Oh yeah, you never want to cut out your macro nutrients. This will create an electrical imbalance (think high and low pressure) with the plant and the solution. If the solution is "low pressure" (no nutrition) the plant will lose elements through osmosis while trying to reach equilibrium.

Use your Canna nutrients at normal strength. Run the Cal-Mag Plus at 7-8ml per gallon in addition to what you have already.

15. ec 0.6-0.8, ph 5.4- 5.5, fresh mix + cal mag and liquid oxy, should be rockin now, will repost on wednesday to update you, maybe with pics if they have pulled through, piece out