Heat or humidity?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by frankie b high, Aug 12, 2012.

1. This is my first closet grow. Was running lights 24 hours. When I go to sleep I shut the door and it gets no more than 90 with a humidity in the low 40s. I just switched to a 18-6 and within an hour the humidity is almost up to 60 and temp around 75. I do have a fan running 24 hours but no ventilation when the door is shut. Just wondering which one is "better".

2. I'd go with the cooler temperature personally. 90 is kind of warm, and there are ways to deal with humidity.

You can get on craigslist and grab a cheap dehumidifier for around 100 bucks or less. Otherwise, I'm sure your plants will be fine in that humidity.

3. 76 for a temp, and 60 for humidity is fine..... you'll want to lower the r/h for flower though.

4. With the lights off temp dropped to 73 and a humidity of 40. I checked the closet at 8 this morning which means they had been running for 3 hours with the door closed at it was 83 with humidity at 47. I think I'm going to keep it on this light cycle so I can reduce as much stress as possible. Any thoughts?

5. 18/6 is good.