Heat Inline fans Fuse?!?!?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 1sttimegrower, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Soo.. Yesterday I blew the fuse in my old inline fan, that I picked up from a buddy. Today I bought some new fuses, picked up a second inline fan, and installed the second fan.
    Worked for about 10 minutes, boom, fuse went out.
    !?!?
    The fuse is 133 degrees C; max ambient temperature is 32C. There is NO WAY the thing heated up 100 degrees running in 10 minutes without strain; ffs its NEW.
    Whats going on? 80-85 doesn't seem too high; even periods of 90 seem fine. The plants don't get harmed by it, whys the fan blowing?
    Fixing both my inlines tonight to throw them back for round two tomorrow.
    Has anyone else experienced this?

2. how is temp related to fuse blowing? I thought fuses blew when excess current flowed through them. What is the rating of the fuse and how much current flows to the fan? there is probably something wrong with the electricity flowing in your grow room.

3. These are thermal fuses; SF129E. How would I check if the rooms electrical supply is wack?
    I don't think it is since I have 2 oscillating fans in there that are fine, as well as the lights; pretty sure if the inlines blew, other stuff would go.

4. oh ok... didn't know about them, sorry :eek: If other things are running fine on that particular circuit then electricity is unlikely a problem. So the first(old) inline fan is working fine with a new fuse? and the new(second) inline fan is working with another fuse in it?

5. Havn't replaced fuses yet, but yes, they should work with the new fuses