Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Heat Guns for Vaporizing

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by leitup, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Ok...so I learned this the hard way and am totally shocked that people haven't posted about this more. I made a homemade vape (which works fantastically) using GotVape's "Inspector Vapors" Heat Gun that did me $79.99 worth in damages. Come to find out when I open up the package that it's just a Wagner HT3500 normal heat gun with stickers slapped over the side. Not a big deal normally, but I did my due diligence and found out that you can buy the Wagner HT3500 for $35-40 online. Total waste of $30-40. Furthermore, I realized that the temp. settings on the gun are NOT great for vaping. There is a 250deg (too low), 350deg (still slightly too low to get the CBD-a and vaporization of all THC, and IMHO, since this temp can only be achieved at the higher airflow setting, it's not a good air-to-vapor ratio--weak bags), and 450deg (too high). You want somewhere between 350 and 420deg for best results (i.e. releasing all psychoactive chemicals in mj). Thus, my vote for best heat gun for vaping is the Steinel SV803...ceramic encapsulated heating element, continuously variable temp. from 120deg to 1050deg, high and low airflow settings, and available at $60. The only issue is that there is no indicator for temp settings, so you just have to tinker with the knob until you find the sweet spot (or range) and mark it somehow. In the end, to build a convection vape that works as well as a Volcano, Purple Days, or da Buddha (I've smoked out of all) for under $100 is pretty f-ing amazing...thoughts?