Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Heart beats extremely fast when toking

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Ryman808, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Hey guys, I'm new here and was hoping to get an answer to a recent problem I've been experiencing. First things first, I've been smoking for years and have built up probably the highest tolerance I can achieve. About a month ago, I went on a trip to Florida and had a great time. I was smoking blunts on the beach and getting high as I normally do. As soon as I got back however, I've been having really weird feelings when I smoke that I have never experienced before, even when I first started smoking. Whenever I try to smoke now, even if it is minimal, I start having chest pains and my hearts starts beating way too fast. It is literally so uncomfortable and scary that I don't even have the urge to smoke anymore. I thought maybe it had something to do with the smoke but last week I took a 25mg edible and the same thing happened. It might have even been worse since it lasted a long time. I've almost went to the hospital because it has been really bad before. I know it has nothing to do with my tolerance because I was smoking every day before I left for my trip and was fine. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? I am thinking about going to the doctor's to get checked out because it makes me feel like there is something wrong with me because the THC reacts to my system in a negative way. I just wanna go back to the good days where I could toke every day worry free. Thanks guys

2. Check your pulse...Was it racing or did you just feel as if you heart was racing. The both can happen is what I'm trying to say. If I know more I can share what I may know...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. This isn't really the place to be diagnosed, especially with an issue that could be life threatening.

It may have nothing at all to do with cannabis use...

I'd suggest that you see a health care professional ASAP.....

• Agree Agree x 1

4. Most likely an anxiety attack bro I had the same thing as you 3 months ago chest pains/fat heartbeat I ended up having an ambulance come to my house, I've since had my heart scanned/wore an ECG for 24 hours everything Is fine with my heart, my doctor has diagnosed me with having anxiety it sucks bruh

5. Weed increases your heart rate whether you have anxiety or not fact if you have chest pains and stuff like that you should see a doctor though because that is not normal. It could be nothing or it could be something serious. Obviously your heart is one of your most important organs so you should not take this lightly and should get it checked out and don't smoke or do anything stressful or even do serious exercise I'd say until you get checked out.

Not a dr, I'm a guy on a weed forum so yeah listen to a dr over me

6. Thanks guys. My pulse is pretty damn fast when this happens. I can feel it in my neck going extremely fast. My family has history of heart disease too so I will probably just go see my doctor

7. Elevated heart rate happens with THC usage. My best guess as far as tolerance not being an issue is that it's anxiety coming from somewhere else in your life that you aren't dealing with an using MJ as an escape from that anxiety.

All the stuff I've been repressing comes to the fore when I smoke. Cheers, good luck man. Exercise is the key to a healthy heart and is the best bet for beating heart problems later on in life.

8. Thanks for the advice. Ive never really had any problems with anxiety in the past but I will most likely see a doctor and see what his opinion is

9. Just make sure you ask what natural options are when he prescribes you anti-anxiety meds immediately without giving two shits about your real situation. Breathing control/exercise/diet man. Meds "can" help, but they are usually just a hotfix.

10. Chest pains, see a doctor. And any doctor you go to and say chest pains to, will get you an electrocardiogram lol.

11. yes go to the doctor and tell him. He may not know a freekin thing about medical marijuana. I wish you the best of luck and i hope your heart does not explode.