Heart beating too fast...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by MeKlO, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Has anybody smoked a joint by themselves and out of nowhere ur tryin to chill, but u put ur hand on ur chest and ur heart is beating fast as hell. Does anyone know why that happens?

2. It does that everytime lol everytime i get high my heart goes nuts

3. Better get to a hospital, it's going to explode.

4. Don't quote me, but Im in a Phhe 201 in my universtiy...about drugs and shit and weed raises your heart rate...

5. too late

6. My heart use to beat really fast everytime I get stoned
    I'm not too sure about now though, it probably still does I just don't notice

7. its called heart palpitations and how you stop it is take a deep breath hold it and push your stomach (as if you were trying to poop) for 5 seconds then exhale and breathe back in and your heart should be good :hello:

8. Weed increases everyone's heart rates. dont worry, you're not going to die.

9. Oooh damn thanks, I thought I was allergic to bud or something LOL, I was bout go nuts

10. Haha, I know when I'm high, I can't really feel my heart beat. I know its beating, but I cant count it.

11. Nick holds true to his word. I tried it, works.

12. lmfao i laughed at that XDD:p

13. happened to me with this amazing bud friday.. i feel u bro. idk wat to about it either though. got me maad paraniod too

14. It happens to me with certain strains for whatever reason.

But smoking and blowing coke itll happen alot worse and its to the point where I actually feel like shitty, its too intense for me so I prefer to blow coke then smoke after.

15. happened to me the other night smoking my bong..i got kinda scared but then i just held my breath a while and i was cool...proceded to smoke my ak.

16. Ehh shut up yo. Nothins gonna happen.. just sit down nd chill til it wears off. Pot is to your heart as downshifting is to your car.... it makes your heart beat faster but blood pressure lowers. Only way I can understand to explain it, hope you know what I mean lol :p

17. happens to me alot. its most likely going to happen to me tonight also.

18. I usually only get high blood pressure from doing shrooms.

Don't really recall ever getting it from weed.

19. It might be because you smoked the joint, but I am not sure. (might want to get it checked out)

20. I remember way back when I first started smoking, whenever I used to peak like 10 minutes or so after smoking I would always feel like my heart was beating way too fast and my lungs and my throat always felt really weird, especially when I swallowed and stuff. I used to not smoke very much because the peak scared me so much, but when I started smoking much more regularly, I stopped getting those feelings. Now I realize why all my friends say they LOVE the peak lol. It's the best part.

So anyway, I think it's just a tolerance thing. You just have to smoke more and when you get that fast heartbeat thing just tell yourself your fine. What always used to help me was telling myself "No one has ever died from smoking marijuana and I'm not going to be the first" lol it works wonders when you start having anxiety or whatever.