Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Heart Beating Fast

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ChameleonHD, May 16, 2014.

1. Recently I had a few hits from a banana pipe with big hawaiin bud . First time smoking marijuana and I felt fine and though I did it wrong. Sat down are a bow of cereal and while I was eating it hit me hard. My heart was beating extremely fast and I could not stop it. Is this normal after a good 30 minutes I calmed down and it was not beating as fast. Is that normal I was alone and I'm not even sure if I was high I felt very odd.

2. Yeh it is normal for the heart beat to increase after consuming marijuana. It shouldn't ever be a problem since it will increase your heart rate to a similar level if you were doing exercise or having sex. So in reality it's nothing to worry about, I know it can be scary and you get paranoid but just take your mind off it but doing something else, i.e playing a video game or watching a move :D

3. This happens most of the time when you do too much with a low tolerance or in situations like your first time. When you keep smoking regularly it will go away and you will have just the high to enjoy. I have had this happen to me once. I took a break and came back to too much and my heart went crazy.

Just keep puffin away and if you haven't had your first good high yet oh it's gonna be good :)

4. Idk but when I'm excited my heart beats fast. Derp derp derpedy derp u needa chillax

5. Yes, this is common. Even for experienced smokers. From experience anyways. Try to sit with your eyes closed and focus on your breath and listen to your heart pulse. That little thing is keeping you alive! Deep,slow breaths. Like a meditation. It might get intense. Or it could help calm you down

6. I have had this problem lots in the past, it's a matter of become a seasoned smoker and learning how to consume the amount needed to get stoned properly. I always found when I would smoke too much too soon, I'd get an immediate head rush followed by a faster-paced beat from my heart that descends to normality within a few minutes. Depending on your source, I would also not rule out foul-play due to additives, pesticides, etc found within growing/growers habits lately. If you got it from a trusted source/medicinal shop, they test the contents so there's 0 foul-play. Not saying this is the issue in your case, but it is a known fact some pesticides, etc. in the growing process that havent been treated properly will cause symptoms such as an elevated heart-rate. I know I have had some either a)laced or b)unintentional chemicals found in some herb I have tested previously, and haven't gone back to that grower since.

Try to make sure you don't take as much during your initial smoke session, and see the difference in terms of the reaction, you'll notice that it's because you're most likely smoking a very concentrated amount of THC in such a small time, the more you smoke the higher your tolerance will become and your body will adapt to those lovely cannabinoids entering your body :D