Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Heart beat

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ElatedConscien, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Hey GC lately I've been having this weird heart thing happen when I smoke,my heart starts like skipping a beat every few mins and this never happens when I'm sober.

I was wondering if this happens to anyone else.

2. This happened to me even before I started smoking.

Its probably a heart murmur or something. If youre concerned, get your heart checked out.

3. Well this is very new,I've been smoking for years and this has only happened recently.
    I'm not too concerned about it now,but it ruins my high because I get all panicked and think I'm having a heart attack.

You know how you don't feel your heart beat,well every now and then I feel my heart like move and it freaks me out.

I looked it up online and says that skipped heartbeats are normal but only on occasion and can be caused by many things and are harmless.

It does happen occasionally but does it a lot when it's happening.

By the way I'm 21 and have never had any health problems if that helps,and I know it's a doctor I should be asking but this happens when I'm really high so I thought someone
    else might know what I'm talking about.

4. Yeah I get that too. Or sometimes, it beats way too fast, as if i'm excercising or something.

I just blamed it on my body self-colapsing or something.

5. well it could be signs of a heart condition..i just recently was diagnosed with supraventricular tachycardia when i went to the doctor because once when i was high my heart started pounding really hard and fast.but it could also be that your just anxious about something..idk my heart would freak out for a good 3 weeks before I was able to smoke and enjoy my highs again. if you jst ride it out man it should pass, but if you are concerned you can always go to the doctor just to make sure your heart is healthy

6. I really do not think this is serious. You just need to take it easy and let the high take over you. Try not to think.

Do you find you experience a sequence of negative thinking which becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy? Like before you get high, are you like "I'm a bit nervous I'm going to have the heart problem again but I want the enjoyable highs again" then after smoking a bit you're like "this feels good.. oh wait.. oh shit.. it's happening" then your heart starts racing faster and faster until you finally get yourself to relax.

Well this is just a panic attack which can vary in intensity. There are no deaths or permanent damage ever associated with panic attacks so just keep yourself assured of that until you snap out of it.

Basically, no matter to what degree you experience this, it is probably just a reaction to some negative thoughts. Try to relax, smoke a bit at a time until you get the vibe back.

7. Marijuana can increase anxiety in a lot of smokers. Faster heart beats and panic attacks can be the result of this. I myself have experienced abnormal heart beat/fast racing heart beats when high.

8. sometimes when im smoking i can hear my own heart beat , it doesnt skip beat though

9. It is called a palpitation, abnormal heartbeat. Happens now and then, don't worry about it too much.

10. Don't worry most "noticeable" heart conditions that arn't obvious are usually harmless if it freaks you out go to your doctor and get a couple quick tests, if they come back normal keep smoking and don't worry about it. Mine skips sometimes after the high has wore off and I am trying to sleep, but I always ignore it.