Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hearing Voices

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ToastedPBJ, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Oh my gosh, wow! I didn't realize I there were so many replies to this! You guys are all so nice :)

Hmm, anyway. Well, like I don't know if I would really call it paranoia. Like I'm not afraid I'm going to be caught or anything because I'm over at my friend's house most of the time I smoke and her parents are basically never home so we can do whatever. Like I hear these people screaming for help and I just have to figure out way to help them because the way they are screaming sounds so awful I can't even imagine what's happening to them I just know I have to find some way to make it stop. But like at the same time I know it isn't real but it feels so strange like it doesn't really matter if it's 'real' in this world or not because it's real in some place and that's all that matters. Haha, yeah I know that's like kind of going off the deep end a little bit but that's the only way I can think to explain it. I'm starting to hear things when I'm not high, too. They're more of whispers, though.

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply!

2. I say ignore it. Pay more attention to whats going on around you and have fun with your friend instead or worrying about potentially nothing. Happy trails :smoke:

3. Personally, I wouldn't do anything about it until it affects your normal functioning. I also think you ought to not give it a second thought what you are hearing and don't give it the weight of reality bu actually worrying about what you think are screaming people. If you keep thinking you have to help them thats where your thought distortions will come in to play. But I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on tv. These are just my own personal opinions. If it is really bothering you, then by all means see a doctor. If you do not like or aren't in agreement with him/her then see another until you are comfortable with your treatment.

Good luck,

Sammy

4. Yes most mental illness of any kind has more of a chance at showing up during the adolescent years. I am not sure of the logic behind this but I was told this by many health professionals when I was diagnosed way back in 97. DO you know of any family history with mental illness at all? Anxiety problems or anything? Don't quote me on this but I think that even with cases of severe anxiety hearing voices is a possible symptom of the anxiety. I would say see a doctor. You might get prescribed clonopin or something like it is the worst that could happen. But it's best to try and figure these things out as soon as possible, get them under control and get medicated. Whichever medicine you choose of course!:D

5. everyone keeps talking about mental illness, but what if the weed unlocked some subconcious ESP and he is actually hearing a spirit that needs help. everyone knows ghosts are real.

6. Personally I wouldn't worry about that too much, but if you are worried you may have reason to be. I have similiar things happen to me, only one distinct time I was home alone and all my roomates were gone and I was taking a shower and I could hear the Dixie Chix playing in the living room. It was clear as day! I was getting really pissed because I *hate* the Dixie Chix!! Only time that has happened though.

7. yeah the dixie chicks piss me off too lol:smoking:

8. I don't hear distinct voices, but sometimes I'll hear what sounds like people talking a long way away...

I also have some fun auditory hallucinations like birdsong (I get that all the time) and chimes. Once I hallucinated a baby crying. As soon as I realised it was a hallucination, it stopped 0_o

ETA: and I also get that 'hearing music in your head' thing.

9. Yea I know what you mean. It has to be silent though, I think it's just the high making every sound noticable

10. when i first started smoking i used to hear these gnarly death metal blast beats everytime i got really high. i miss those days.

11. This, you imagine and can make yourself imagine all kinds of crazy crazy shit. The important point is though, not only can you make yourself imagine things, you can make yourself stop imagining things, tell yourself they aint really there and listen to music n shit to distract yourself, should go away, if not maybe your just crazy.:p

12. Hearing voices can be a delusion heard by paranoid schizophrenics. Any form of schizophrenia will show up through puberty so I'm wondering how old you are. I know this site is for 18 and up but schizophrenia is set by chemical inbalance in ones body. Is being high a chemical change?

13. I'm hearing voices right now :high:

14. I heard voices once when it was super quiet sitting in my car, I'm pretty sure the noise existed but it was distorted into what I was thinking about. I saw someone that looked like my friend and then heard them talking and it sounded exactly like my friends and it was weird. I couldn't tell if it was an actual conversation or in my head.

Anyone else do this?In deep thought.. Like think of a scenario and hear how itd play out in your head and then wonder if it happened out loud?

This post is kinda creepin me out LOL.

15. When I wait for my parents to go to sleep to smoke it's dead silent all through my house. Sometimes if I get really paranoid I hear distance footsteps(as if someone is walking through my house). So I go all silent and shit, but yet I remain high. Usually putting headphones on and just focusing on the music or sound on the headphones helps.

16. Oh, and thinking to myself that those sounds are probably just my sister rolling in her bed or my pets making sound helps aswell. I think, if I was going to get caught smoking there would be more than just one little bump.