Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

health risk?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by blueberryblunt9, Nov 18, 2008.

1. i know its bad to use alluminum foil as a bowl but i read a homemade bong forum that if you use a bic lighter it wont hurt you. is that true?

2. it's bad to use a can as a pipe, but using aluminum foil for a bowl is actually pretty safe, as its boiling point (vaporization temperature) is way too high for a lighter to reach.

P.S. Different brands of lighters don't make any difference in terms of smoke, all it's doing is burning the weed.

3. dont smoke out of aluminum

4. i heard smoking out of aluminum foil can give you lockjaw.

5. Dont smoke out of aluminum.

I've only done it like 3 times, and only because i had nothing else to smoke out of.

Aluminum isn't healthy to smoke :D

6. all literature iv read suggests that there is nothing bad about smoking with on or out of aluminum foil... as long as anything that you put it on or close to isnt combustable, you should be fine... in terms of homemade bongs however, the materials you use to attach to the bowl would need to be heat resistant, like iv seen people use straws as downstems with aluminum bowls, and if thats what you're talking about doing than yes there is a health risk. but aluminum foil has nothing like a film of anything on it and does not burn, you should be fine, after all thats why people cook with it, it withstands high temperatures as produced from burning things...

and some people say smoking on aluminum causes alzheimer's, but that is a myth, nothing suggests a correlation...