Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Health question

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by BilaBong13, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Whatup guys! So a few months ago i experienced a not so nice experience with the beloved OG Kush strain. After i smoked i went on my laptop, after about 15 minutes i noticed my heart beat had increased rapidly, thinking about my heart beat only made me nervous about it, eventually a really nice feeling came out of it but i didint like what i had experienced, so from then on i was kinda nervous about smoking what i had left, i did a few test runs too see if it would happen again, nothing like the first time but still my heart beat was really annoying me to the point i could not enjoy the high. So after taking a 2 month break ( im not an everyday user so it wasent difficult) i felt a tightness in my heart, not everyday just on some, and i would have mini "heart attacks" that would hurt and make me feel uncomfortable. I know Marijuana has many medical properties, but could it have triggered some sort of heart condition? i have done some research on just my heart pain and it says that even tho the mini "heart attacks" may seem life threatening , what i have isent in the slightest harmful. I also think just because im not an everyday smoker that i might not be ready for a sativa  yet and should stick to indica for the moment which i am going to try to do. I have started to eat healthier, and im obligated to go for bike rides for my up coming knee surgery. I also introduced hemp oil and hemp hearts into my diet too :). I know i am young and healthy so i think i should be fine im just looking for some answers. If anyone knows anything that is related to smoking weed and the heart pleas let me know anything. I do also have asthma but i dont think thats it because marijuana is known for opening the capillaries aiding asthma. Any information would be great! 

2. What you are experiencing is normal. Weed increases your heart rate easily and can cause you to panic about your heart rate if you're not expecting it, which worsens the sensation. 99% chance what you're experiencing are called PAC's or PVC's. (premature atrial/ventricular compressions). Your heart appears to stop for a moment only to restart with a thud. And yes you are correct, they are entirely benign (normal). Stop drinking coffee, eat a little better and excersize regularly and the PAC/PVCs will go away. I had the same thing. There is absolutely no evidence to show that cannabis has ever, or will ever cause heart conditions. The only suggestion I might have is to be screened by a doctor for existing heart issues (heart murmur) which I'm sure you don't have, as there is a tiny chance that cannabis may worsen a preexisting heart issue. No worries man, toke to your heart's content. To avoid getting panic attacks in the future, have a little to eat and drink before smoking, and eat a little more after smoking (just not way too much) in addition to that smoke a bit less, or smoke slower until your tolerance builds a bit. Hope that helps.

3. Thanks a lot dude il be sure to check up on PAC's and PVC's, i will continue to exercise too, but should eliminate caffeine in general? i can quit coffee easy but i do enjoy me some cocacola 

4. Quit coke

5. Coke works better anyways ;)

Yeah quitting caffeine entirely would help. if you drink a lot of coca cola, the caffeine can build up in your system over the course of a day. Just quit caffiene for a month and then you can bring coke back in slowly without problems. I would also like to point out that chocolate contains caffeine so cut back on that too, probably don't have to eliminate it, but you could consider it. 

7. yo broski, somtimes i have red bull with weed for me at least its fine to me the heart rate always goes up its because the blood is thinned out by all the blood bring the thc to your brain and somtimes if ur lucky bring throughout yor intire body which is an epic feeling esically while riding  bike

thanks a lot guys, last night i smoked and i felt fine :), had an amazing sleep something i needed since my sleep quality has been shit for a while, i really enjoy knowing that its the thc thinning out the blood too! i find that facinating and is a perfect ease of mind, for the caffeine part, i was actually drinking coke and it was still fine but il still be sure to cut down on it just cause its not that healthy. I very much appreciate the replies guys thanks a lot!

9. it happens quite often. especially if you smoke too fast. you're fine man

i know what its like though, its cause you instinctually fear for your health although nothing may be wrong, just a fast heart beat. not comfortable and can turn you off a certain strain