Health help!

Discussion in 'General' started by Munchyyy, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Ok for some reason tonight whenever I try and fall asleep, right on the moment of me drifting away I stop breathing, then I immediately sit up and panic. This doesn't happen all the time, maybe like twice a month. I'm pretty sure this isn't sleep apnea, anyone know what it is? I have GERD and I googled it, apparently GERD makes it worse, I want to go to sleep but I don't want to die.

Can anyone help? D:

2. See a doctor.

3. #3 Munchyyy, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2013
    It's 3 am.

Oh and I did smoke tonight.. I usually smoke during the day, never at night.

4. See a doctor tomorrow...?

You said it only happens twice a month. I'd get it checked out personally. Could be lung/heart issue.

But I heard about a similar sort of thing that happens to most humans. Where we evolved to have an instinct where if we fell out of trees while going to sleep we'd have an immediate reaction to grab on to something. It's just stuck with us since we moved to the savannah lifestyle.

It's only a hypothesis though, if it's been happening for 2+ years commonly I wouldn't be too worried about it, since it hasn't killed you thus far. If it's a relatively new phenomenon, go see a doctor.