Health Discussion over Marijuana

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by SOuRSlATER420, Feb 3, 2010.

1. So several statements were said by my health teacher today about marijuana.

-One joint is equivalent to a pack of ciggs.
    -It causes many cancers.
    -It lowers sperm count

Now when he said it lowers sperm count, I politely asked whats the science behind that ? To which he responded "It messes up your body, period"

When I brought up the fact marijuana helps to prevent alzheimer's disease, breast cancer, aids. He said marijuana has no health benefit. I just quit trying to convince him that it was beneficial.

But bullshit, eh ?

Opinions.

2. I don't really think you actually believe that you're going to get an opinion contrary to the one you're expousing...

So use the search engine and post in one of the many other threads that are already like this.

3. 1. The "1 joint is equal to X number of cigarettes" is horrible ridiculous. Smoke is not good for your body period, but not all smoke is created equally. People who make this claim completely disregard the fact that the chemicals in these two items are completely different.

2. You should have asked for an example of one single case where cannabis caused cancer. It's impossible to find. Also, note the studies done by Dr. Donald Tashkin that shows no positive link between cannabis and cancer. Also, it's important to remember that he began the study assuming there would be a positive link between the two so he has no anti-prohibition agenda.

3. It doesn't lower sperm count, but it can alter the behavior of sperm that may slightly reduce the chances of the sperm making it to the egg. However, the results of these studies have been skewed by propaganda, as this is most likely only an issue for people with border lining health issues.

4. I wish I wasnt a stupid freshman when I had health class that talked about drugs. I would have called BS on so many of the things the teachers said if I smoked weed and had the real facts of MJ while I had that class. Aww I would have loved to do that.