Health Benefits of Omega 3 Fatty acids

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by LewisBarber, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Omega 3 fatty acids are the essential nutrients that your body needs for the various functions. The most annoying thing about these fatty acids is that your body can't produce them. You need to depend on the food you eat in order to get the necessary amount of the Omega 3 fatty acids. They are basically the unsaturated body acids that you get most prominently from the fishes such as mackerel, lake trout, sardines, and albacore. If you are a vegetarian then you need to eat flax seeds, walnuts, cauliflower, cabbage, mustard seeds, and cloves in order to get the required amounts of the omega 3 fatty acids. The benefits of omega 3 fatty acids to men's health are as follows:

1. Healthy heart is what you get by eating the required amount of the omega 3 fatty acids. They help in the prevention of the cardiovascular disorders. It maintains the adequate oxygen-rich blood supply to the heart. It also helps in the proper working of the lungs, which means the purification process of the blood works absolutely fine.

2. Sugar levels in the body are maintained in the normal range due to the intake of the omega 3 fatty acids. It is a good solution for the diabetes. Intake of adequate amount of these fatty acids doesn't allow the excessive sugar to get accumulated in the body. It digests the sugar content by promoting the proper functioning of the pancreas. Doctors generally recommend to the diabetes patients to eat the food items containing the omega 3 fatty acids.

Read:
    Diet To Cope with diabetes

2. [​IMG]

Get your omega 3's and support Hemp farming:)

3. The average North American diet is very high in Omega-6 fatty acids, but very low in Omega-3's. A good rule of thumb is that you want your ratio of Omega-6 to Omega-3 fatty acids to be around 2:1 or 1:1. Most Americans are closer to 30:1 (not an exaggeration). Good post OP.

4. This is amazing information you have shared and i personally appreciated your good work.Omega acid 3-fatty acids are polyunsaturated fatty acids with almonds acids.The concentration of O3 in the first instance, as has been converting poor and therefore has no effect on inflammation, mainly because of gastro-intestinal fibrous nature of the almonds.

5. An easy way to get them is to cook with olive/canola oil. I personally use canola oil since it's significantly cheaper than olive, and the stats aren't much different, although I do still take several grams of fish oil a day as well.

6. I find that it does wooooonders for my skin .

Also itas meant to keep the brain healthy and away from alzhiemers .