Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Healing powers of the herb

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by chevelle89, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Hey guys I had an interesting thought early. I can comfortably assume that the majority of us on here agree that bud clearly helps with relieving pain. From injuries to chronic illness, the herb does a fantastic job at dulling the pain. But I was wondering if it dulls the pain at the instance the injury occurs? In other words, let's assume you've recently ripped a bong, and then you bang your knee on your desk ( just an example, obviously any injury could be substituted).  Would the initial injury itself and the onset of pain be reduced, because you're stoned as compared to if you're not? Just wondering what you guys thought, or if you have any personal experience.

2. A quote from a dear friend that has stuck with me to this day: "Cannabis doesn't take away the pain. It just makes me forget that it's even there."

I've hurt myself before while baked and it still hurt but Its kind of like you I would react with such a monotone voice like and with little emotion and i'd just get over it quicker. If you banged your knee on your desk the initial pain definitely would be reduced and I think you would just laugh it off haha

• Like Like x 3
  3. Someone needs to try this, I going to go take a few hits and I will let you know if I hurt myself and how I feel.

4. I've hurt myself while high before and haven't noticed a considerable difference in the pain while high vs. when sober, but there is certainly a remedying effect involved in which I can get over the pain much easier and quicker when I'm high vs when I'm sober. 

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 MooseyPoo, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
    I stepped on a nail barefoot while high. The initial pain was as intense as I'd imagine it would be sober, but the soreness after pulling it out wasn't bad at all. I have a feeling being high just distracted me from the pain more than anything.

6. For me, when i get hurt high, the high intensifies the pain at first..then it just goes away and you don't think about it.

7. For me it tends to kill my high whenever i bang my foot on somethig

8. this seems most accurate

• Like Like x 1
    I would go with this answer, for situations OP described, such as banging your knee.

With chronic illnesses such as insomnia, depression, nerve damage, loss of appetite, cannabis does actually work, and is more than just "not remembering".

• Like Like x 2
  10. How does weed relieve pain? I know painkillers block the messages from the nerves, my guess is long term pain affects brain chemistry to tell you that you are uncomfortable/injured which makes you miserable in general.

Then boom you hit the green and you feel great, it must make you 'forget' about the pain because your brains being flooded with feel good chemicals.  

11. yeah but its not as good for pain as pain piiiiiiillls in most cases its just two different things totally. but ill admit that ive had some almost concerning numbness in the body from smoking like too much at a time so its definitely got an effect on it.

12. My mom has a story about this. The first time she ever smoked pot (back in 1969-1970), she was smoking a joint and told my dad, "This is bullshit, I'm not feeling anything."

He laughed and replied, "You're burning your finger."

• Like Like x 1
  13. Works great for the kind of low level nagging pain that just wears me down and exhausts me. I.e., the joint and muscle pain I have every day that is the reason I got a medical card. For sharp pains, like menstrual cramps? I may notice them *more*. What works is taking tylenol *with* half a bowl. Neither one alone really do the trick for me.

14. I tore ligaments in my ankle a week ago. Weed does not do shit to dull the pain. It takes my mind off it though

Sure as hell isn't speeding up the healing either lol

15. Not like I'm for shameless self promotion or anything but I just started running a blog about the healing power of CBD oils, check it out if youre interesting, its in my sig.