Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Heads with kids

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Roachk1lla, Jan 28, 2009.

1. I was wondering about all the other heads out there that have kids also. I have a 5 year old daughter and a 6 month old daughter. I have been a heavy smoker for quite a few years started when I was 14 or 15. I was just wondering if you changed the way you smoked or how much you smoked after having a kid? I was young when my first daughter was born (19) so I still smoked quite heavy but never around her. I had my own smoke spot up in the attic of our house or I went out to the garage. After my other daughter was born though I felt weird being around them when I was burnt. I think it may be a combination of getting older also that I just wont want to smoke anything I get my hands on to get burnt. Now I am more picky about just getting quality bud and sitting on it only puffing at night when everyone is in bed. Did anyone ever feel like they were a bad parent cause they were getting burnt and would be around there kids? I never felt like it before until my new baby daughter was born.

2. #2 oldskoolgrower, Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2009
    My daughter just graduated last year and moved out. For several years prior to that I stopped growing because kids have loose lips, but aside from that I never felt anymore guilty having a buzz around her than I would if I had a couple of beers.

She also knows my views on cannabis and legalisation. She just doesn't know I'm growing again.

3. Yes, she doens't.

4. I'm sure you've never made a typo or spelling error ;)

5. petty, almost warrants -rep

6. i dont got any kids, but i get nug for my friends mom, and we even smoke with her. shes really nice, will pay me for getting it, then give me a nug. i enjoy knowing a rent that smokes because its like grandma givin ya weed :D

7. I help out an older couple (40's) when they are running low, or their connect is acting up, and they do the same for me.

They have 3 kids, all over the age of 18. One is in law school , the other is a bitch, and the other one is now pregnant. Point being is that they are just your average family...

The daughters still don't know that their parents smoke though.

-C

8. I have three boys they are 6,4 and 2 yers old, I don't feel guilty of been high around them but I don't smoke in front of them.

9. Yeah I dont smoke in front of them I guess im just getting paranoied because my 5 year old is getting pretty smart. When I first met my wife her father was a smoker and me and him would chill up in his work shop all the time and her little sisters would always try and come and peek in the windows to see what Daddy was doing. Now her sisters are about 11 & 14 and they know what Daddy was doing but they keep there mouths shut about it. It just sucks cause I live in one of the states that still has jail time for Marijuana (Pennsylvania). My parents aren't smoker but they used to be back in the day so they were pretty chill with me when I was younger and smoking. They always let me smoke in the house so I wasn't getting caught outside smoking and getting in trouble.

10. #10 n0s, Jan 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
    I was going to be a daddy a few months from now but... the mother just refused to stay healthy enough to bring my child into this world :eek:

Thats a whole 'nother fucked up story though.

Anyway, I had close friends of mine who had a daughter before I knew I was going to be a father and they would always smoke around her. I felt really weird about it and decided I would never smoke around my kid while he/she was so young. I also felt really weird about being high around their kid but after watching the parents interact with her, they seemed no more baked than a nun at church. I would smoke in moderation around their kid at first but now I feel really comfortable around their child, even when Im way past buzzed. Kids are so much fun! I dont think being a little lit around my kids will ever make me feel guilty... unless Im at a PTO meeting or something :smoking::smoking:

edit: very repetitive paragraph right there... I must be high :D

11. HAha why did u name the title heads with kids! I pictured disembodied heads sitting next to little kids, and couldn't imagine what you meant. (prob cause i was watching that show dexter)
    Anyway i dont have kids but i am planning to kick the weed habit before thats happening.

12. LOL sorry around here we call smokers "heads" instead of just saying potheads. I don't get seem weird around my older daughter, I guess I was just paranoid about being high when the new baby was born because if something happened or if i needed to get up and feed her I didnt want to be extremely ripped out. I guess its all part of the new baby fears. It's been awhile since I smoked since I was looking for a new job and had to take a DT, now I got the new job but cant find anything worth buying, lol. After being on this site and seeing so many good dank pictures it made me want to be a weed snob, lol.

13. Pointing out typo's on the internet > all.

14. Yeah, I just turned 18 and my dad used to smoke all the time and grow inside our garage which he found out I was pinching from him when I was 15 and he told me that he wouldn't smoke or share his weed with me because I am his son and not his friend, basically for I would still respect him as my dad. So hopefully that helps you some how.

15. haha sounds like an asshole

16. No, he sounds like a good parent. Parents are not supposed to be friends with their children; they are supposed to raise them and provide them with some discipline to equip them for life. You sound like a typical ungrateful brat actually with that response ;)

17. Well, I come from a bloodline of stoners. My grandfather blazed, my dad blazes, I blaze, and i'll be goddamned if I have a son and he doesn't blaze when he gets older.

people always ask me why I don't just smoke with my dad then, being that we have that in common...i think it's just somewhat of a taboo thing. i do hope that if i have a son and he blazes that at some point in his adulthood we can blaze together at least once, because i feel that could be as good of a bonding experience as any. i have never had a really strong relationship with my dad outside of baseball (we go to games together and talk about it a lot), and i really do regret that we never forged a stronger relationship as i grew into a boy and then a pre-teen. it's understandable because he has kids to feed and bills to pay, but still.

but i digress.

i have a friend, she's 18 or 19 and has a daughter that's almost one. she blazes on the regular and it has yet to have any affect on her daughter...but her daughter is still under a year old. it remains to be seen how that works, because she's very open about it. i would imagine that would be the least of her issues though, because my friend is covered in tattoos and piercings all over her body and is a big grindcore/death metal fan and all that stuff. not the kind of person you would expect to make a good mother, but she does it.

18. i'm still young, only a college student, but the way i am i think i'll end up smoking for quite a while because i used to be one hell of a tense person haha, and now everything works out. but i gotta agree with the people who say you shouldn't feel guilty because its almost like buzzin from a few beers. besides, the odds that kids will ever find out is practically zero, since we have a tendency to put our parents on a pedestal, and we pretty much can't see them doing stuff like that since they're adults... just food for thought

19. dude ur retarded... you spell it doesn't.

20. 28 yo with a 8 year old girl. Best thing that ever happened to me. She is the best kid.

Theres nothing wrong with smoking pot, so theres nothing wrong with smoking pot if u have a kid. When they are age appropriate , u just need to explain reality to them. Don't smoke cigs, drink in moderation, don't do [hard] drugs, and pot is cool as long as you don't go overboard with it.