Headband and Chemdog!! 600 watt

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by buddyjesus, Jan 30, 2011.

1. #101 ECKush, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2011
    Well bio, as long as they aren't super root bound yet and you don't have to massage the root ball loose it can be done, its just easier not to. The majority of the stress from transplants come from mangling the roots while pulling the plant out of the container (breaking/scraping roots on the side, having to massage the root ball loose in a root bound plant) so if you can avoid that, then you can transplant with little stress. Just be careful and take your time. Avoid disturbing the roots and you should be fine. Obviously the same applies for you buddy :smoke:. I've always been told a good rule of thumb is 1 gallon for every month the plant has been/will be alive.

Also a sexing suggestion from the Ask Ed handbook. Take small clones of your vegging plants and put them directly into 12/12. That way you can see what type of flowers develop before having to switch to 12/12 and before you waste media transplanting males into your 5 gallon flowering pots.

Hope that helps..

*Edit: Also, if space is a concern air pruning pots might buy you some time/space. You can grow similar sized plants in slightly smaller air pruning pots because of their ability to prevent root circling. For instance a 4-5 week vegged plant followed by an 8 week flowering period can be grown in a 3 Gallon smart pot vs a 5 gallon nursery pot. Just a thought.

2. Hell ya everyone thanks for all the info!! i think i'm going to just let these finish out in the 3 gallons that there in.. I'll use the 5 gallon smart pots next go around for sure! I really don't want to stress the ladies out.. Don't need no balls lol. And don't ever worry about hijacking i love information! Good or bad! Post away =)

3. Yeah if you are in 3 gallons now your better just riding it out bro. Should be fine..

4. Hell ya man thats what i'm thinking too! Thanks! I think i'm going to start my blue cheese seed!!!!

5. Here we go pics are from today.. Day 5 of flower. Just put in the hps today also. Kinda really hot in my box little worried about that.. I installed my little exhaust fan, but didn't seem like it did much. Any ideas on what i can do to help out. I have another vent hole on the bottom of the box that should pull air in but you think if I had a fan there too it'll help out. The outside temps of the box are pretty cool so it would be some cool air being forced into the box when the door is shut. All help would be greatly appreciated! Here's the pics =)

IMAG0257.jpg

Attached Files:

6. sorry for the shitty pics.. i'll get better ones tomorrow

7. What are your temps running at?

8. Just went and checked and right now i'm at 83-85 degrees on the top of the canopy.. I've left the door open on the box and have made a little fort like thingy to keep the light out in the morning.. So hopefully i'll good for tonight, but I really need to figure something out so that i can close the door on the box. I hate having it open when the lights are out. I'm thinking of adding that extra duct booster fan for an intake.. I already have one on the top of the box exhausting the air, but it wasn't nearly enough when i had the door closed.. I had it shut for about 45 mins to an hour or so, and some of my leafs were already curling because of the heat.. I'm thinking that if I put the other fan on the bottom of the box.. it'll draw in cool air and maybe keep my temps down.. if not then i'm not sure i may have to look into a 4in inline fan or something.. This sucks lol! Anyway for some comedy to the matter heres a pic of the old childhood fort that i built.. Who said building forts out of blankets, chairs and shit when we were younger wouldn't pay off lol! Oh right under neath the blankets opening i have an oscillating fan also kind of stirring things up in there to help out..

IMAG0260.jpg

9. Whats the ideal temps you want above the canopy?

10. imo...if you aren't running co2 you want the area between the canopy and the light to be about 72-76ish. with co2 75-79ish.

Note: if you are running in the low 80's during the day you def don't want to drop below 65ish at night. Fluctuations of more then 20 degrees definitely stress the girls.

11. Anything in the low to mid 70s is ideal. Marijuana plants like the same amount of heat as humans. Idk about you but at 75 degrees I feel great. I wouldn't be too concerned with canopy temperatures. Just make sure they don't exceed 85+ degrees with lights on or go below 60 degrees in their dark period.
    As far as adding another intake or upgrading your exhaust, you have a few options. If your not broke, I would upgrade to a 4" or 6" inline fan and use your duct fan as an intake. You always want more air leaving the box than coming in. If you got the 6", be sure to buy a fan controller. Check out this site. Vortex fans (10 year warranty, I own a 6" myself, awesome fan) are great and valueline are a good buy for the money. There should be something in your price range on that site.

Good luck and careful putting cloth covering the entrance. If it gets too hot and the cloth catches fire, your canopy temps will be the least of your problems.

Stay green and be easy

12. Thanks for the info guys.. So I figured with the door kept open and the lights on.. temps were around 83 degrees.. When the light went off dropped down to about 66-68ish.. And i think i was just way more worried than i should have been.. Checked on the ladies today and they look amazing again! I think i just needed to water them.. lol i'm so freaked out that they'll die lol.. Anyway thanks for the help again =) And Chiddy, i think i'm going to hook up the 6" and i have a controller for it so i'll make sure i hook it up with it. Hopefully with that hooked up i'll be able to pull enough of the hot air outta the box with the door shut! I'll put some pics up of the ladies here in a few.

Thanks again guys!

Cheers
    ~Buddy J~

13. Don't sweat it bro let em ride they are resilient fuckers. Usually they die when people freak out and start tinkering and kill them. Try to get those temps down juuuust a little, give em a moderate feed schedule, and always when in doubt flush em out. you should be fine man...

14. Hell ya thanks man! I feed them with some bloom nutes along with some sweet i picked up. Next water will just be plain ph'd water.

15. hey guys sorry its been a min.. Had some unexpected guest comin and had to move the ladies.. But they are now in a 4.5x4.5x7 tent and loving it! I'm super excited about it. They have a lot more space now. And now into the mix is the god bud which you'll see in the pic. Its the one in the bucket. Sorry about the shitty pics.. Going to check on the ladies right now. I'll be back with better pictures =)

IMAG0272.jpg

Attached Files:

16. So as i promised here's some pics, but i got there just as the lights turned on, so still has the stupid lines in it. Also look how the tent barley fit.. like an inch and a half of space to the sealing lol!! Also feed and watered today.. There starting to drink more water!! I love it.. Watered with about 3/4 of a gallon each. And the one in the 5 gallon bucket with about a gallon!

IMAG0278.jpg

Attached Files:

17. Looking good Buddy J! I'm diggin the new giant tent! :D

18. Hey thanks man! It was kind of a last minute idea. I really love the tent man! So clean, easy, and not that expensive at all! Temps stay good, has a constant supply of fresh air! Soon enough i'll have some buds to be trimming!!

19. Looking good Buddy! Nice to see you expanded and have more room to work with now. Aren't tents just so convenient?

20. #120 bugpack28, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2011

Dang your looking good buddy j. If they are drinking that much water you know the ladies are doing work!!! You have made major progress dude. Keep up the good work, and btw those strains are amazing! I clipped a few lower nugs off of my trainwreck plant a week ago and I smoked it a few minutes ago and damnn... Your gonna love it!
    -Bug