HBO True Detective

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by Johnny Blazed, Jan 24, 2014.

1. #81 Johnny Blazed, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2014
  2. royals true detectives ign.jpg

saw this on the ign and thought you blades would like it

3. #83 Johnny Blazed, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2014
    damn alot of shit went unanswered but i guess they set it up to keep this same storyline going into next season if they wanted to which is cool with me i love it

after they killed him and there was still 20 min left i thought we would get some answers but oh well cant wait to see who they cast for season 2

4. Damn that was awesome, I think they ended it pretty perfectly.

5. Fucking HBO GO has been down allcgod damn night so I can't watch this till tomorrow. Pretty pissed to be honest. They should have anticipated the traffic. I sure hope they Dont let this sort of shit happen once Game of Thrones comes back!

Nah, they already announced it's an anthology series. Next season will be a different cast, different story altogether.

7. I sware I had a strong feeling rust was gonna die,anyone else?

8. Great show. About to watch the finale right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8zTSDFiI24

Can't wait to see who the cast is for next season.

9. caught up on Banshee, this show has been getting a lot of hype I'm going to have to give this a go right after a nice smoke sesh

Sent from my~★☆Continuum Transfunctioner☆★

10. The first season was amazing. Sucks they are going to change the cast but i guess it's good not to drag on these characters and leave it at that with a great endinf

11. I say john Goodman and Jeff bridges for season two!

12. Was a great show. Nicely written and acted with two opposite main characters. Harrelson and MM were excellent and it's hard to imagine the show without them. Probably the best miniseries I have ever seen.

13. Fantastic first season, with a surprisingly cathartic ending. Cohle realized that his narcissism was really self delusion, and Hart reconnected (somewhat) with his family. Can't wait to see what A list talent they cast for season 2. Now, if only Game of Thrones could get here...

I believe the Yellow King is just a metaphor for futile obsession. The show makes multiple allusions to Robert Chambers' "The King In Yellow", wherein a fictional play causes whoever sees it to go mad. 

15. On the 4th episode now and wow so far so good.....I was getting a little worried there after the last 3 episodes it wasn't grabbing my attention to much but this set it off.

Sent from my~★☆Continuum Transfunctioner☆★

16. Ending was great.. Honestly though who the fuck is gonna top that, their combined performance was in my mind near perfect... I kinda hope they end up following the 2 black detectives for next season since they kind of have their own thing going on, being a flawed pair almost with already developed characters going into it but shit who knows.

And all this talk about the yellow king, IMO nobody says his name because they know hes untouchable and could just spell trouble for themselves in the long run, as somebody else said its probably more of a metaphor for all the sacrifices in general rather then a single individual, i think if you went through the whole season and tore it apart scene by scene you would find all the answers your looking for, i think this story line is over. 

17. Loved this show. Great season finale thought they were done in carcosa. That 1 take scene is one of the most impressive scenes ive ever scene it reminded me of that tony jaa movie.
    I wonder what theyll do for season 2 with a new story and actors

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. new season starts in an hour!

19. Nice.

Just checking in for the new season.

A friend of mine put me on to the first season after it was already over, so I was able to take it down at my own pace. So if this seasons as good or somehow better than the first I'm going to need the support of this thread to get me through those wait-out days haha