Hazed, Dazed, and lost in space

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by grob705, Jun 25, 2011.

1. I keep researching and keep getting differnet answers, depending on the website and stuff. Brand new grower, do have a pretty good sized outdoor garden with decent results. I just planted some bagseed to experiment with, sprouted 18 seedlings. Tried to pop 30 seeds, so a pretty good results for not having a clue.

I have the seedlings in a 16 oz Dixie cup, would like to leave them in there until they start to flower and then transplant part of them into 5 gal buckets for an inside grow and the rest outside in some big old holes I have prep with soils and mix. Looking at 3 - 4 weeks in the cups, if I can. Is that possible? At this point, I am keeping everything outside. I would like to leave them outside for the veg period if I can.? Couple of reasons for that, they are bagseeds so not sure what they are and I have some seedbank seeds that I don't want to get mixed in with that grow.
    I have 2 vanilla kush, 3 White domina, 1 lemon skunk and 1 ladyburn 1974 that is germinating and will be planted today. Can I leave these outside during veg or do I need to just go ahead and move to the veg room now? Veg room will be on a 18/6 cycle.

For the inside grow, here is what I am doing. I have one room which will be a dedicated veg room that is 5' x 8' with a 30" counter that is 6' foot long. I have a 2' fcl mounted underneath the counter. I have a 4' florescent mounted on the ceiling. I also have 1 ea 1000 watt mh light, can't use hps in this light. I plan on using this room as my veg room for winter growing and popping seeds and keeping mothers in. Is this possible?

I have one room that is 9' x 11' with a 1000 watt hps lamp mounted on a 6' light mover. I also have a 400 watt hps light. I will be using this room for flowering only. It will be on a strict 12/12 cycle. The lights are blower cooled. I have the air coming in thru the lights, exhausting thru the ceiling. I do have a 6000 btu ac for the room, caulked up pretty decent. Everything will be soil grown for now, may switch to hydro later on. How many plants in the 4 - 6' range will this room handle? Will the lights I have now handle 12 plants in the buckets? I would like to progress to the point that I have a perpetual harvest of 2 -3 plants every other week or so, if I can. I have water run out to the building, will be putting everything on timers for watering as I progress. Right now everything will be watered by hand.
    Any suggestions or advice will be appreciated. Just trying something new in my old retired age, lol.